Accurascale Class 37 Run 3 Part 1!

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Good one Fran . At last a variant of 37 I want …….37 403 . Been waiting for you to take my money !  And congratulations on becoming a daddy , by the way 

uh oh . 37403 SRPS exclusive . How do I order one of these ? No sign on SRPS website and I’m not a member 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

This should please quite a few people hopefully 🤞Will look forward to discovering the yet to be announced one and the Acc Exclusives to see if I’ve escaped this whole batch or not (I suspect/hope not as haven’t previously!)

Update… is that 418 in Loram colours lurking 5 noses in??

IMG_0963.png

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Add photo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Great announcement and a fair/reasonable increase when considering the addition of the fan is less than the usual jump between the competitions SF/SFX. Really love to see this addition and the commitment to continuous improvement.

37 420 might just slip into the basket! If that exclusive is an Eastfield 80's 37/4 then take my money. 37 403 is in it's more modern livery/configuration if I'm not mistaken?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Straight back at it then but it will put a smile on a lot of faces that the run three tractors are announced, get yourself a brew bud , the sound file of a 37 will be good as background in the nursery for little man.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Legend said:

uh oh . 37403 SRPS exclusive . How do I order one of these ? No sign on SRPS website and I’m not a member 

It has had its own thread here for a while

But the direct link is https://shop.srps.org.uk/ They seem to only have a few of the DCC sound left, so you’d better hurry. I have ordered one as it’s my “local” one and I’ve been hauled by it a few times, even though I kind of hate BR blue in all it’s guises.  

• Like 1

They look very good.

I presume the front windows are now part of the body tooling as the shape looks a lot better. Especially on the non-reinforced centre windows

I just hope my 403 will sit acceptably with 409 and not make the older model look too odd!

• RMweb Premium

Yey an EWS example finally! That will be a buy for me, it can haul my flats with MoD containers on. I take it from the format of the announcement that the exclusive is also a 37/4? So everyone commence guessing and frothing. I’m really hoping for a Royal Scotsman liveried one, but I expect that’s very unlikely as Kernow have an exclusive of it with a Bachmann model. 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

It has had its own thread here for a while

But the direct link is https://shop.srps.org.uk/ They seem to only have a few of the DCC sound left, so you’d better hurry. I have ordered one as it’s my “local” one and I’ve been hauled by it a few times, even though I kind of hate BR blue in all its many guises.  

All ready out of stock as Accurascale announce it - incredible! 

Hopefully there will be a further one along with yellow headcode panel that’s Scottish !  Meanwhile looks like credit card safe in wallet 

It's great to hear this superb model is being refined even further. Had my order in for 403 as soon as it was announced and can't wait.

As for the mystery exclusive, I see we have our usual tease in the header... I think that'll be popular!

All_1350x292.png.3c319338f7fb55cb468e284e156f7bea.png

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

This should please quite a few people hopefully 🤞Will look forward to discovering the yet to be announced one and the Acc Exclusives to see if I’ve escaped this whole batch or not (I suspect/hope not as haven’t previously!)

Update… is that 418 in Loram colours lurking 5 noses in??

IMG_0963.png

I think you might be right. It’s too bright a red for a WCRC machine (or Royal Scotsman 🙁), but looks right for Loram colours. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Some superb examples unveiled, I can already see a few 37414s being added to the basket to make their way through my filthy sausage factory to eventually end up as Transrail examples..!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

408 and 414 may* tempt me for renumbering projects, goes to check what I can turn them into. Mind you I'm a little surprised with 421 in Colas, didn't Bachmann allready cover it? 

Thank you Accurascale!

I've been wanting someone to do EWS 37408 Loch Rannoch for many many years.

Despite it's celebrity status it's one of the few EWS 37/4s that was never done by Bachmann or Vitrains.

Think I'll treat myself to a sound version!

I wonder if the exclusive loco could be another celebrity, EWS 37406. A loco that was regularly used on SRPS excursions. It would pair nicely with 408.

Edited by scottrains29

• RMweb Gold
Just now, G-BOAF said:

With Grey nose and roof it is certainly not EWS livery and everything else points to LORAM

I was just about to post the same thing about the nose and roof 

20 minutes ago, RP82 said:

Mind you I'm a little surprised with 421 in Colas, didn't Bachmann allready cover it? 

the Bachmann one has the older colas logos on it (and is the slightly older tooling)

nothing there for me personally, I’ve got too many 37s and as I have the Bachmann 421 as mainly display cabinet fodder I don’t feel the need to Upgrade, may be tempted if it is 418 in Loram livery lurking though, I do have it by Bachmann in large logo that I’ve renumbered and updated etc as I drove it in that livery a couple of years back but I’ve not driven it in Loram colours (yet!) 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I hope it's LORAM for the sole reason that my wallet would be firmly safe from that!

I've noticed that you've started to add the grease to some buffers as well. Something I'm personally in favour of. I presume this is currently being assessed before being signed off? Any idea on which locos will get this treatment as it currently looks a bit ad-hoc on which samples have this feature.

25 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

With Grey nose and roof it is certainly not EWS livery and everything else points to LORAM

Aahhh yes I see it now! 🤓 should’ve gone to specsavers 😅 was too focused on figuring out the red…

25 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Grey nose and windows made me think of 425 in its oddball EWS, but it didn't have a grey roof.

Loram it is then. 

• RMweb Gold

Yes, I was looking at 37702 for the MGR collection. Perhaps included in Part 2?

With one 37, presumably this could haul the empties. Might have to get 2 of them, if loaded?