Cavalex - New Class 60

MidlandRed

• RMweb Premium

2025 I believe?

I don't know if @RBE or @Grimleygrid can confirm I'm not barking up the wrong tree?

I'm looking forward to one for the glass cabinet. One may become two, even through its the wrong scale

Jo

It's a shame if RMWeb becomes less relevant for hearing news on manufacturers but alternative social sites do seem to becoming more relevant these days.

Not really my thing....  so going on the old fashion way of quizzing at shows the last one I went to one of their representatives suggested early next year. I guess the way the world is atm that could change depending on shipping routes etc etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Just thought I'd share this link, thought people might be interested as Francis is popular. Cameo for Alex @Grimleygrid in there too!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DA6QKHqojsc/?igsh=MTdmYjk1eWE1bTdvcg==

Also shows some model running too.

Nice to see some positive press for DB in the video too.

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the latest photos Cavalex have released, Steel on steel is looking a very impressive paint job, even if the livery makes you want to poke out your eyes…. 60081 in green looks spectacular (all be it too late for me)

I still can’t decide between a Transrail triple grey loco or loadhaul grey that I’d originally planned…. The latter will take more work to convert to long range spec, but would be more unique…. Else it’s a like for like 60085 replacement for my Hornby one

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, The Fatadder said:

Steel on steel is looking a very impressive paint job, even if the livery makes you want to poke out your eyes…

still can’t decide between a Transrail triple grey loco or loadhaul grey that I’d originally planned…

I'm going for a pair of Transrail tugs as they were all the rage in the South of Wales. Agree with Steel on Steel, awful livery but I'm sure it will be popular.

• Like 2

Honest question, do Cavalex not contribute to these threads anymore as in providing updates/photos/feedback etc or more specifically in this Class 60 thread considering what happened to the other one?

Not wanting to open up a can of worms or wildly go off topic, but just genuine curiosity without opening a new thread.

2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Honest question, do Cavalex not contribute to these threads anymore as in providing updates/photos/feedback etc or more specifically in this Class 60 thread considering what happened to the other one?

Not wanting to open up a can of worms or wildly go off topic, but just genuine curiosity without opening a new thread.

Something strange is going on as my reply to the photos has disappeared with no reason why

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, dj_crisp said:

Something strange is going on as my reply to the photos has disappeared with no reason why

Because it quoted marketing material.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

I quoted the post on here!

The original post contained the material and that was included in your quote.

2 hours ago, classy52 said:

They’re not permitted to. It seems manufacturers need to pay advertising fees to post on the forum. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

I can see it becoming a very dull forum

Forum usage and activity continues to grow so, unlike other social media, let's not start making things up.

Once again I'm not spending a weekend of my time keeping an eye on it.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• AY Mod locked this topic