Green liveried Canadian Pacific boxcar -

Ok so what have I bought!!

I’ve picked up a few boxcars at a car boot sale.  (Not bad for a £5) This one didn’t come with a box so I’m looking for a bit more information about it. 

Having had a quick scan online I’m not sure when and how many were painted in this green livery and I guess this is a 50ft car? 

Would welcome any more information about this would be really helpful. And links to protypical pictures as well.

thanks 

David 

IMG_9236.jpeg

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

It's a 50' newsprint service boxcar, the script lettering began to be applied in the early 60s and was superseded by the Multimark ('Pacman') in 1968. There were cars in script well into the 80s.

cp81042akg.jpg

Edited by doctor quinn
Add picture link
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, pH said:

And the model still has a roofwalk (removed in the prototype picture). Restricts the time period a bit.

Ah so, the roofwalk were removed ?  Do you know roughly over what timescales? Thanks David

4 minutes ago, Windjabbers said:

Ah so, the roofwalk were removed ?  Do you know roughly over what timescales? Thanks David

Roughly early 1970s.

I have to say, from (potentially obscure) question to answer(s) and prototype photo within 6 hours - isn't RMweb great??!! 😁😁😁👍👍👍

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Windjabbers said:

Somewhat complicated (which is why I didn’t try to include the information in the post above!  😕)

Here’s possibly one of the better explanations:

https://forum.mrhmag.com/post/roof-walks-12201997

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Roughly early 1970s.

I have to say, from (potentially obscure) question to answer(s) and prototype photo within 6 hours - isn't RMweb great??!! 😁😁😁👍👍👍

Yes isn’t it ! 👍👍

1 hour ago, Windjabbers said:

That batch came without roof walks (1967)

Edited by doctor quinn

20 minutes ago, doctor quinn said:

That batch came without roof walks (1967)

So that would mean the model is not correct, and David is going to have to take the roof walks off if he wants the car to be prototypical.

…. and shorten the ladders

Edited by pH