Come on Ivor!

rapidoandy

57 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

Maybe that will be this week's surprise Rapido announcement?

That or they go down the Vale of Rheidol route, and have Ivor in BR lined blue in his 1980's period ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

It did. And I have lobbied the NRM for a limited edition model. Money is waiting!

Only problem is that if it is an accurate model it will be in a different livery on the other side (the BR lined black was only painted on one side - plus anywhere else that would be visible in a photo taken from a particular angle)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

26 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Only problem is that if it is an accurate model it will be in a different livery on the other side (the BR lined black was only painted on one side - plus anywhere else that would be visible in a photo taken from a particular angle)

True. But I think we can live with a little inaccuracy here. The question is, will the sound chip include the grinding of teeth and cries from the GWR enthusiasts that followed the month after publication of the picture?

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

True. But I think we can live with a little inaccuracy here. 

The engine might be painted in this livery at some future date, at which point the model will become accurate. Indeed, the production of a model might make that possibility more likely.

(See the Bramble discussion.)

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

True. But I think we can live with a little inaccuracy here. The question is, will the sound chip include the grinding of teeth and cries from the GWR enthusiasts that followed the month after publication of the picture?

Like the speedo? 🤡

• Funny 2

On 18/09/2024 at 12:22, Vanguard 5374 said:

I’d be more wary of the rolling stock pack sales, I feel some may justify paying for the Ivor pack but may decide to not buy the pack of matching stock.

My feeling is that they have deliberately put the fun rolling stock in the stock pack to give it an edge.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Except the M&LRTCL wasn’t nationalised… 😅

Actually, I suppose you could see it lasting into the 80's as an independent light railway, like the Derwent Valley at York. Exchanging traffic with BR or the National Coal Board...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

I'd be absolutely on board for that! All it would need would be the tearing sounds as all of those GWR/SVR memberships got torn up!

The whole thing was an excellent ruse, and brilliantly executed. It certainly wouldn't be possible in such secrecy today, mind I think the Internet would melt as all of the keyboard warriors got stuck in!

Cheers

J

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Except the M&LRTCL wasn’t nationalised… 😅

They could do it as a "what if?" 🙂

Although technically Ivor is already a "What if?", so I suppose it would need to be a "What if if?" 😀

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

I'm not entirely sure the M&LRTCL rolling stock complied with RCH standards so there could be 'issues'.

The WCRC model then? ;)

18 minutes ago, MarkSG said:

They could do it as a "what if?" 🙂

Although technically Ivor is already a "What if?", so I suppose it would need to be a "What if if?" 😀

If you say so ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

14 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

I'm not entirely sure the M&LRTCL rolling stock complied with RCH standards so there could be 'issues'.

The standards are more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules...

Edited by RapidoJamie
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

No grinding of teeth for that but definitely a bit of puzzlement when a later NRM arranged repaint had a noticeable, but small, error in the livery. (which it still has while on display at 'Steam' in Swindon of all places!!).

• RMweb Premium
On 24/09/2024 at 11:00, Compound2632 said:

There is no locomotive that does not look handsome in LNWR livery!

Come on Rapido, you know it'll suit Ivor too.

As well as the repaint, it seems that Ivor has received a hefty rebuild with a leading bogie and tender being added. 

974011.png

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

I doubt Smallfilms thought about freight operations in any detail and possibly made the not-infrequent modeller's assumption that much of the traffic remained within the local railway.  However, apart from the Grumbly Gas Works MGR circuit, the M&LRTCL must surely have exchanged wagons with the outside world (there would at least have been HAT-VBs* delivering Mrs Porty's purchases).  So, assuming it bothers you at all you're left with accepting the Ivor World wagons as representing a mixture of M&LRTCL and foreign wagons, or just mixing in scale wagons.  I strongly suspect most purchasers will simply run the trains as bought.

*An easy conversion from the new LOWMAC.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Surely Pugh’s Pit is the source for the M&LRTCL hoppers so they only run internally much like several light railways stock wasn’t allowed on the mainline. In the era of steam the local superintendent could issue temporary mainline authorities and that lasted up to the end of BR so there’s no reason Ivor couldn’t have had a simple mechanical inspection to get a ticket for forays to the works. 
I had built my resin Ivor conversion with the intention of using it occasionally on my, 🚨Fun Alert 🚨, colliery layout and it looks to be similar in size to the Rapido model. 

IMG_8610.jpeg.9d8eebfb67d441c53fe666082b7f99d7.jpeg

(this was before I hacked off the cast wheels)

IMG_4585.jpeg.a069f0951ccbca7290e4a1d9c68bc170.jpeg

©️Rapido

So I’m delighted and will probably add a Grumbly Gasworks, Llaniog + shed & Smoke hill module to the list to run independently or with the colliery modules. 

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1