Saint Apolline.... a new life

le petit Français

Very neat and precise modelling here. The English cottage conversion is very much like the "Arts and crafts"* era buildings from the late 1800s, I like that a lot.

*I think we borrowed the best bits of everyone else's architecture and strangely, it worked!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, KNP said:

Did you realise that if you add a picture and then press return twice you can get a gap between pictures?

Thanks Kevin for the tip... I didn't know how to do it... Formatting done.

Edited by le petit Français
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

There is some very neat modelling here coupled with a clever use of space. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
On 12/09/2024 at 20:21, le petit Français said:

I had an old little brick station called “Galanchat” and a shed for railway workers. For the “Sainte Apolline” network I transformed it into a little English cottage that I like. What do you think?

cottage 2.jpg

cottage 3.jpg

cottage 5.jpg

That's lovely, in a British context that would make a brilliant lodge to a stately home or manor house especially if teamed with an ornate gate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, le petit Français said:

To complete my collection of passenger coaches, here are 2 flèche d'or pullmans that used to run between Paris and London. The lamps on the tables were awful, they looked like lampshades placed on the table....and I changed them for nicer ones with brass feet....

Nice.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Excelent modelling. I feel a trip coming on again. My wife (French descent) and I would love to go back for a 4th tour. I am always impressed by the fine modelling that I have seen over the years in French magazines. Unfortunately I can't read them !!

• Friendly/supportive 1

Today I took apart some old second-hand passenger cars to give them a makeover. I chose TAMYIA paint in different colours: black, brown and grey. The chassis and roof are already painted. In the near future, I'm going to apply patinas to bring out the relief.  I had a silver colour in stock, which I used on the interiors. I don't know yet whether I'm going to install lights in the passenger cars... Normally tomorrow I will receive my parcel with the brown and pearl white paints to do the bodywork with the same delivery as GWR.
See you soon for the continuation of Sainte Apolline's adventure.

IMG_20240927_184446.jpg

IMG_20240927_184122.jpg

IMG_20240927_184251.jpg

IMG_20240927_184358.jpg

IMG_20240927_184000.jpg

• Like 17

I've painted the passenger cars in creamy brown. However, I'm disappointed with the cream colour, which looks grey....
I can't seem to find the right colour for the outline of the windows. It's not easy to choose the right paint on the web because the images are always different from reality.

IMG_20240928_155638.jpg

IMG_20240928_155753.jpg

IMG_20240928_155803.jpg

What reference of yellow could I use for my passenger cars?
Thank you for your help and see you soon for the continuation of Sainte Apolline's adventure.

Capture d’écran 2024-09-28 160847.png

Capture d’écran 2024-09-28 160913.png

Capture d’écran 2024-09-28 160934.png

Capture d’écran 2024-09-28 160952.png

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 8