Märklin announces Flying Scotsman as NE 103

sncf231e

Hello All, can someone please enlighten me as to what the orange coloured pipework around the smokebox is for please ? 

Am I right in presuming that the preserved prototype has appeared as depicted ?

Regards from Australia, Tumut.

On 16/09/2024 at 11:37, GrumpyPenguin said:

They did indeed (according to the UK importers).

Yes, I heard the same thing here in the USA from a store that specializes in European trains. Said the Scotsman sold very well. This gives me hope that Marklin may eventually come out with more British HO.

Initially I was going to get the green, but decided against it eventually. However, it I can swing it I would like to get this version.

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the Marklin site:

Prototype: Class A3 steam express locomotive with a tender. Version is represented in postwar black, featuring the two numbers it carried in 1946 – 502 and 103 – as well as its current one on the smokebox door. The locomotive looks as it did at the beginning of 2015 with a ­corridor tender and smoke deflectors. Locomotive of the National Railway ­Museum in York, England.

So it has all three road numbers and is presented as the rebuild version as at 2015.

The previous issue 39968, was well received and the 3R version has sold out at major stores.  It is the later version as at 2016, supposedly in the livery that it last ran in.

I have seen the Trix version (2R) at some German retailers.  Check Marklin stockists outside Germany and you may still find one, if you're interested.

RRP is 599EUR.   The pre-order price sans Tax, is 441,15 from a major German retailer.  The Trix version is the same.