Banbury Station Colours Early 1960s

TimP

I have been modelling Banbury in 00 (Early 1960s) for more years than I care to say, I have been working on the (very complicated) station design in Freecad - and am about ready to start cutting components. Despite examining hundreds of images over the years I have not got a clue what colours to use in some parts of the building. In particular in modern times the doors to the platform buildings are blue and window frames (dirty) white. And the wall at the very front is also painted blue. Does anyone remember or have colour photos of these items they could refer to so I can get it right.

BanburyFreecadSnapShot.png

IMG_2707b.JPG

Thanks @BernardTPM the film was a great idea unfortunately i have looked but even stepping frame by frame the in station sequence is so dark no colours can be determined The magazine gives me a hint at least as it shows a red frontage, although the artist impression was several years before the station was built so may or may not be reflective or actual colours, still its a better clue than i currently have so its a step forward. And also thanks @bbishop but Roundhouse who has a lovely model is modelling a more modern era so not really what i need. So any other clues from anyone else greatly appreciated.

On 12/09/2024 at 09:34, TimP said:

The magazine gives me a hint at least as it shows a red frontage, although the artist impression was several years before the station was built so may or may not be reflective or actual colours, still its a better clue than i currently have so its a step forward.

According to this*, the station was completed in the Summer of 1957, so about the time the magazine came out. Of course, it doesn't guarantee accuracy, but unless someone comes up with a contemporary colour photo it may be the best option.

*scroll down about 70% of the way.

Edited by BernardTPM
  • Like 2