Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold & Premium members only. All users can browse and contact the sellers.

• RMweb Premium

WHITHORN - FOR SALE

I have decided that the time has come to sell my 4mm layout 'WHITHORN' after providing over ten years of enjoyment for me.  The sale details of the layout are attached. 

The reason for selling Whithorn is that I am now in my more senior years which limit my abilities to lift larger layout baseboards in and out of shows.  But I have built a small cameo layout so that my exhibition fun can continue.

Whithorn has always been well received by those who have seen it at the many shows it has attended on the exhibition circuit over many years. 

Its last time out with me will be at the Stafford Show over the weekend of Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September.  If you are interested in making me an offer please contact me, or come along to Stafford and see it in action.   

Alisdair Macdonald

page 1.pdf Page 2.pdf Page 3.pdf Page 4.pdf

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

A few more of Andy York's wonderful images.

The signal box image, I understand from seeing it on Google Streetview, is the pub sign at the Railway Inn in Whithorn.  

[Alisdair]

Feature_9 (2).jpg

Feature_3.jpg

Detail_4.jpg

Panel.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

On 11/09/2024 at 12:39, ardbealach said:

A few more of Andy York's wonderful images.

The signal box image, I understand from seeing it on Google Streetview, is the pub sign at the Railway Inn in Whithorn.  

[Alisdair]

Feature_9 (2).jpg

Feature_3.jpg

Detail_4.jpg

Panel.jpg

I did point out to the pub owner that the image they'd used for their hanging sign was indeed a model but they didn't believe me😊

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

As I have said elsewhere the BR 2-6-4MT tanks never ran on the line - probably too great an axle load - and they were built after the last passenger train had run on the branch in 1950.

When I found out about the image being used, I contacted Andy Y about the use of his picture.  I understand he contacted the pub and left a message.  I recall he told me that they never got back to him. 

Is this art imitating life - or the other way about? [Alisdair]  

• Like 2

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, ardbealach said:

I understand he contacted the pub and left a message.  I recall he told me that they never got back to him

I did also try ringing them, explaining and asking to turn it into a bit of a newsy item. I may as well have been talking Klingon for all the good it did.

"Aye, some barnpot phoned up today telling us the pub's a model really and we owe him a pint"

😇

• Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1