There’s not enough froth…so let’s have some fun!

rapidoandy

Good evening Rapido Andy,

Is the frothing over now or do we carry on until Rapidoex?

If the latter, I vote for:

1. The once teased 10xx Hawksworth County.

2. The also slightly teased U/U1.

Ever greedy, are there announcements likely over that weekend please? 😂

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1

Just thinking again how good an L&Y Class 27 would be -- 490 built beginning in 1889, many stayed in service for at least 60 years including five that saw 70+ years of work before final withdrawals in 1962. Despite the LMS grouping, they were the main freight hauler of many ex-L&YR sheds straight through to Nationalization, after which many were re-allocated across the LMR.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

... and it would be spoiling the sport for anyone hoping for locos or coaches* should a positive response be forthcoming !

* relatively few of the latter so far !

Well, there's already been a clue of sorts. The original challenge was to predict the contents of "three announcements". So far, we've had two wagons announced. But then we've just been told that there are still "two days of announcements" to come. Which means we've only had one announcement so far, even though there were two models announced. From which we can deduce that a single announcement can be multiple models, in which case there could be several forthcoming models yet to be announced.

Now, if I was Rapido's marketing director, and we'd decided to do a sequence of announcements rather than one big one, I'd want to build up to the headliner at the last announcement. So I reckon we could well be in for a loco as number three, and either more wagons or possibly coaches at number two.

That being the case, and having also been told that we're allowed two guesses (I used my first guess earlier on in the thread), I'm going to go a bit left field with my second guess and suggest some GNR coaches that would be suitable for the Stirling Single. The Hattons and Hornby generics have both sold like hot cakes, and I reckon there's a market for some accurate pre-grouping coaching stock as well, particularly anything which had a lengthy in-service life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

OK, you were warned - 

- a 2021 pannier

- another 2021 pannier

- if you don't like the above two suggestions, why not try a 2021 class pannier?

Many thanks.

Oy! I said that first… Bagsy the prize wagon…

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good afternoon folks,

To follow up Captain Kernow's suggestion, how about both saddle tank and pannier tank versions of the 2021 class?

Would cover pre-grouping up to nationalisation (post -1948) liveries and suit many of the existing Rapido wagons already available.

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, exet1095 said:

Oy! I said that first… Bagsy the prize wagon…

Is there a prize, then?

If you want the prize wagon, go right ahead!

I'll wait for the 2021s....!

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Having seen the latest carp offering from Rail's/ Dapol using the 6 wheel milk tanker to carry James May gin , I'm hoping to see a 21st Century standard all singing and dancing new model from Rapido soon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm always going to wishlist an Ilfracombe Goods, and as I'm two years into scratchbuilding one...

For the second, I'm surprised that noone has released a short wheelbase outside frame GWR Toad as seen on the Bishops Castle, and one of Colonel Stephens' railways.

For scenics, (and following the light railway theme) Tenterden Town Signal Box would make a beautiful model, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so!

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

It's a mystery, it's a mystery....

One minute you want a shoal of herrings and the next minute a bicycle race of panniers. Meanwhile other people are voting for various brassicas and the entire motive power of the Brill Branch. Who knows?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1