The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

45156 home from hospital

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to say I'm in hospital as I had a fall and have smashed my hip - had to have a big op on Saturday to put a plate in - hospital internet is rubbish - its taken days to get this far - I'll keep you posted.

Well, i won't repeat what they say in theatrical circles as you've nearly done that!

Instead, heres wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Suggestion for passing the time when you've exhausted all the railway mags, make plans for your layout (perhaps an extension!?), mentally sort out any existing problems, plan how to build any outstanding kits and so on..........

All the best,

John E.

Guest jim s-w

All the best for your recovery Stewart. My did did the same and if I can offer you one piece of advice that is do what the doctors tell you and dont try to rush your recovery - My dad tried to rush his and he still has a limp today

All the best

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stewart.

I'm really sorry to read about your fall. Seems like a rather drastic way to get out of the housework! Hope you are back on ERs soon.

Very best wishes

Tony

had to have a big op on Saturday to put a plate in

I knew hospital food was bad but now it seems they have found a new way to get you to eat it.

Anyway just look forward to all those airport security folk you can annoy .. beep ... beep

Get well soon, stop picking at the stitches.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear this Stewart - it just hasn't been your year.

Best wishes for a full recovery - but take heed of what jim s-w has to say.

Sorry to hear of your bad fall Stewart....It is going to be a long haul, in the meantime, take it easy (as if you had any choice biggrin.gif ) and let the nurses entertain you!

I don't know your age but if you are a steam man then two books that kept my mind off things are Reflections of a Railway Career, LNWR to BR by J. M. Dunn, and Enginemen Elite by Normal McKillop (both Ian Allan).

• RMweb Gold

Really sorry you're smacked up! I had a very minor injury some years ago - smashed patella - and can only echo what others have said, to take in what the medics tell you and follow it to the letter. Hope to see you back home and posting asap!

Oh, bad luck.

I don't wish you any more hastle than you already have to deal with, but maybe they can sort out your shoulder whilst you are there.

Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Don

Archived