A Welsh Adventure in = NG7 = L & B = Llandorendd to Bryn Haffodd

Andrew P

The Station building has a partition wall with a door to the back room, as I didn't need doors on the back of the building, there is also a man inside.  It is illuminated.

Still a work in progress.

Used2.jpg.1156a9694cece4d1487d99bd4a6e8aba.jpg

• Like 4

Moving on to the Loco fleet, well its only 2 at present, both Bachmann Hunslet's , The closed Cab in Blue, and Alice the Red open cab I rode behind at Bala.

I also have a Spectrum American coach, but 3 x Lionheart coaches arrived today, but not un boxed yet.

Used3.jpg.09f9adc824b5099e0517efa220709034.jpg

Used7.jpg.7e976b810668f1a6e8ad0ee48652aa7c.jpg

Used4.jpg.7fbe74368f5d59bae7518aef03ba45ca.jpg

• Like 6

NOT COPYING Kevin @KNP  = Little Muddle but my clumsy hands knocked off a shed door when moving things around. It may get re fitted or just left there for now.

Used8.jpg.d41381f733b1312fc878ff97b2aa57f2.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

So, with a few pics out of the way, what is it all about?

Well for those that didn't watch the "Little Pod St" Video No 8, I wanted to add greenery to that layout, but was struggling to find space. I enjoy as in = New Mills, and Pencarne especially doing greenery, i.e. fields, fencing, lanes, embankments etc. So here is a chance for very little track and to go bananas on the scenics.

It will be modeled as an up to date preserved line, so in the opposite to "Little Pod St" this will be almost 100% passenger with the odd demonstration Slate and coal train.

In the into I have said = L & B, that is because of the Lynton and Barnstable coaches having the L & B crest on the sides, but this line runs from Llandorendd ( the door end) get it? To Bryn Haffodd, only because two of the places we stayed at in Bala were Hen Haffodd and Bryn ?? something or other, so I have combined the two names. I expect my Welsh friends to be screaming at me at this stage and saying = that does not work in Welsh, in that case, providing its not offensive then I'm sorry, its staying.

So there we have it, 11ft x 7ft "U" shaped and DCC Sound, run off a Gaugemaster Prodigy 2.

More info pics and Vids soon.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Great choice Mr P.! Who doesn't like a quarry Hunslet or two?

Look forward to seeing your progress 

Cheers

David

Cheers David, lots of Slate, Moss and Mountains in the background I expect. 

• Like 2

You may remember from a post a year or two back i had started a Slaters SM32 version some 30 years ago and resolved to finish it - which of course i haven't!  Your change of direction might serve to prod me into action!

• Like 1

I like the look of this Andy. The layout looks as if it will be a little gem. Another triumph of bodge over adversity.

I am not sure about Bachmans decision to name this NG7. Surely it should be 0n16.5 like everyone else uses. 

Paul

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pwr said:

I like the look of this Andy. The layout looks as if it will be a little gem. Another triumph of bodge over adversity.

I am not sure about Bachmans decision to name this NG7. Surely it should be 0n16.5 like everyone else uses. 

Paul

I agree about the name in some ways, but NG7 is easier to remember as you get old. 🙄 Cheers for looking in, you never know, I might even get to a show again soon.  All the best.

• RMweb Gold

Nice move Andy, something that I think will suit you down to the ground with your modelling prowess! Watching the previous video I expected a German layout with EMUs running about!!  Better to go Welsh then you dont have to contend with Border Control every time you want to run a train!

I have to say personally I think NG7 works far better - its a brand that people can understand, 7mm Narrow Gauge, nice an simple.  I dipped into the 009 Quarry Hunslets and have a sound fitted one sat here, which is lovely. Looking forward to seeing where you go with the L&B!

Rich

• Like 1

Another un boxing this morning.

First time we went to Bala and stayed on a Farm, and I went for a walk down into the Woods with the Dog, and found this old ruined dwelling, very much in the same state as this one I have just bought, so it will go down by the stream.

DSCF1173.jpg.915e17dc6402c0193656e5fc35d4528a.jpg

DSCF1178.jpg.c23dee15bba833611f53091e9026953e.jpg

Used4.jpg.b27aecd28dc62c23b5fb3e020909d4a1.jpg

Used5.jpg.668d6d4220fda5ee238c687c9e7b2cc2.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

Hmmm 🤔 I don’t think I can get a “Bogcart” plug in on this one ??? 

How about a nice “Funky” Diesel in National Power livery ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266976802099?itmmeta=01J787M0364FKXR64E6F9Y4E5V&hash=item3e290eb533:g:Gn4AAOSwKdJmr0wV

OR MAYBE NOT. 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Andy I'm looking forward to watching your new layout progress. Enjoyed the 1st video and plenty of great pictures.😉

Thanks Kevin, Just about to post an up date = Video No 2.

Cheers.