Accurascale Class 66 Run 2 Unveiled!

• Accurascale staff
20 minutes ago, TravisM said:

Those two can only be done under the approval of the London Transport Museum as they have the rights to the design.

Historical liveries cant really be ‘protected’ u less the protecting party sells models or has IP protection to do so. That said this is run 2 thread 👍

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, McC said:

Historical liveries cant really be ‘protected’ u less the protecting party sells models or has IP protection to do so. That said this is run 2 thread 👍

Perfectly agree and I think wish listing is pointless on a thread like this, however, LTM is extremely protective of it's copyrights (Just ask Bachmann), so if you did want to do 66718 and 66721 on run 3 or later, you need to have an agreement with the LTM, which probably isn't that difficult.

17 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

We already have a thread dedicated to wish-listing where, in my opinion, is a better place for discussing things not announced.  

My apologies, my reply to @ERIC ALLTORQUE's post was in good spirit and I didn't know there was a separate thread for wishlist items.  However, I'm now better informed so will bear this in mind next time.

Edited by Sweetling Park
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sweetling Park said:

Does anyone happen to know how long the Class 66 is end to end over the buffers or couplings, please?  Mine are currently stored in their boxes, so I don't have one to hand to measure it.  Thank you in advance.

284mm on the DRS run one version over the buffers........or 70feet 2 inches if you have the 1/1 version, or 282mm on the Hattons one im working on,down to where the spring buffer settles it seems.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Thanks 1

• Accurascale staff
Posted (edited)

Euro-Thrash - 66793 Revealed As Accurascale Exclusive In 66 Line-Up

668-2.jpg.1fca80a47dbe5e11b4f41cdbd5e6f094.jpg

Hi everyone,

The second coming of our Class 66 locomotives has certainly piqued the interest among modellers as sales of these ubiquitous beasts have defied even our lofty expectations. 

With a colourful fleet already making up the main range, a hearty mix of squadron liveries and some more exotic special or one-off liveries forming the makeup of the run, we knew we would have to offer something special, something bold, for our exclusive model.

6612-2.jpg.679ade8f9db7024fbbac83be7db2c132.jpg

Thankfully, the sheds do make that easy, and we now have a unique opportunity to also unveil our euro tooling enhancements and options as we look to model one of these repurposed machines for the first time in ready-to-run OO format.

So, welcome to the GBRf triple grey celebrity that is 66793!

History

6610-2.jpg.405de75a60e5954a3087c6dde4d24d5a.jpg

66793 comes under the broad umbrella of what is known to British railway enthusiasts as a “euro class 66”. These locomotives all exhibit differences to the home fleet class 66 that we are familiar with. This locomotive was built in August 2003 for HSBC Rail and leased to ERS Railways (formerly European Rail Shuttle) in the Netherlands and was given their fleet number 6608.

In 2009 the locomotive was acquired by Beacon Rail Leasing and transferred to Heavy Haul Power International (HHPI) where it was repainted, renumbered to 29004 and named “Dave Meehan”. HHPI operated 29004 in Germany until 2020 when they upgraded their fleet to Stadler Euro Dual type locomotives and the class 66 fleet were displaced.

6611-2.jpg.389a8fabfd17abf30a045c525365f86f.jpg

During late 2020, 29004 arrived in the UK at Immingham before transfer to Doncaster Roberts Road depot for conversion to UK spec for the new operators, GBRf. This conversion included changing the profile of the front deflector plates, fitting of UK electrical equipment (and removal of European equipment) plus GBRf standard upgrades to lights and windows. The locomotive retained some of its Euro features such as the twin pipe air system, larger horn box and euro horn notes.

Once conversion was completed the newly registered 66793 was transferred to the paint shop at Eastleigh before being unveiled during March 2021 in its British Rail inspired, triple grey livery complete with construction sector markings. This was done to mark the partnership between GBRf and various customers in the construction sector.

The Model

669-2.jpg.c9e1cc3b82078a6820322e881262c6f9.jpg

With more and more euro spec Class 66 locomotives being repurposed for operation in the UK, we felt it was a must to broaden the tooling suite to include these distinctive modifications. As can be seen, areas such as horn covers, buffers, front valance, pipework and other areas have been brought into the fold to make a most convincing "euroshed"; something never done before in 00/4mm scale. 66793 is the first model to showcase the European features and demonstrate the flexibility of our Class 66 tooling suite. 

Coming complete with the full "Accurascale Exclusives" treatment of special presentation packaging and limited edition certificate, 66793 will arrive alongside the rest of our 2nd Class 66 production run in Q2 of 2025.

Only available via the Accurascale website, you can pre-order 66793 by clicking the link below!

Pre-Order Your Class 66793 By Clicking Here!

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 8
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

The locomotive retained some of its Euro features such as the twin pipe air system, larger horn box and euro horn notes.

And they sound like this:

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I’ve just preordered it and when I checked out I got a mobile banking notification to say the full amount has been taken out and checking my statement it is indeed showing as debited from my account, that’s not right is it? 

Edited by big jim

I take my hat off to the Accurascale team for taking a such brave step and adapting their tooling to produce an industry first Euro spec Class 66 in model form.  I hope they sell well and pave the way for other Euro spec models to be produced.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
Just now, big jim said:

I’ve just preordered it and when I checked out I got a mobile banking notification to say the full amount has been taken out and checking my statement it is indeed showing as debited from my account, that’s not right is it? 

Same here....

1 minute ago, big jim said:

Re- order it and no money down is available now… I’ve just done it & cancelled the “paid” order… think someone forgot to hit the no money down in all the excitement to announce it

• RMweb Gold
Just now, derekdoestrains said:

Re- order it and no money down is available now… I’ve just done it & cancelled the “paid” order… think someone forgot to hit the no money down in all the excitement to announce it

will the money go straight back into my account today/tomorrow? 

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff
Posted (edited)

Hi folks,

Log out, clear your cache, log back in and click pre-order as per below...

Screenshot2024-08-28at11_17_50.png.1458d420af56a0ce9c419406b9965eda.png

When you get to checkout it will have the no money down option. You will be presented with a £0,00 figure (it's in euros as I am in Dublin)

Screenshot2024-08-28at11_19_05.png.2e3beea04a2f289285388467c70ca7d7.png

If you have pre-ordered and paid up, you can cancel it and re-order if you wish. Website provider has been playing silly buggars with the settings this morning.

Also, please make sure you have any VPNs, ad blockers etc turned off, as this is causing issues for some users too. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Accurascale staff
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, big jim said:

will the money go straight back into my account today/tomorrow? 

*EDIT - the funds will just bounce back today if you paid by card ASAP as it is a reversion. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

When you get to checkout it will have the no money down option. You will be presented with a £0,00 figure (it's in euros as I am in Dublin)

If you have pre-ordered and paid up, you can cancel it and re-order if you wish. Website provider has been playing silly buggars with the settings this morning.

Also, please make sure you have any VPNs, ad blockers etc turned off, as this is causing issues for some users too. 

Cheers!

Fran 

I used my points, will they be redeemed and can I reuse them?

Morning @Accurascale Fran, I don't know if this is any help, but I had a similar issue when I first tried to order my two 66s on Sunday, where one loco stated deferred payment and the other as pay now after placing them in the basket.  I removed both from the basket and tried again, with both then stating deferred payment so I put it down to a glitch.  I was logged out of my account at the time, but after logging in all was well.  I didn't think much of it at the time, but I hope for everyone's sake that these issues will settle down. 😊

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

Cheers!

Fran 

You dont get this with cash,kidneys or gold fillings,have you thought of having it so payment is in tea bags...........:)

• Funny 1

• Accurascale staff
9 minutes ago, Sweetling Park said:

Morning @Accurascale Fran, I don't know if this is any help, but I had a similar issue when I first tried to order my two 66s on Sunday, where one loco stated deferred payment and the other as pay now after placing them in the basket.  I removed both from the basket and tried again, with both then stating deferred payment so I put it down to a glitch.  I was logged out of my account at the time, but after logging in all was well.  I didn't think much of it at the time, but I hope for everyone's sake that these issues will settle down. 😊

Not so much as glitch as your local cache, we've updated how the preorder buttons work, so you can now group preorder from the collection page, and other improvements, but your local cache of the website, particularly if you visit regularly, may be a little out of date. Clearing the cache, or using a difference browser to update things and you should be good to go (or try a 'deep' refresh (hold down the shift key when clicking refresh0 should also work . 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

They had 9419 (only) in stock a fortnight ago.

This looks a reasonable offer!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126634962955?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20211130125621%26meid%3D9802770a23b546e9bcf0bb94837b2795%26pid%3D101465%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D126622454521%26itm%3D126634962955%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D3650466&_trksid=p3650466.c101465.m3507

2 KUAs and 2 of the barrier coaches.

SOLD

PS I nkow this should be in the KUA thread but it will go with a couple of DRS 66s etc

Edited by zr2498
PS added

7 minutes ago, McC said:

Not so much as glitch as your local cache, we've updated how the preorder buttons work, so you can now group preorder from the collection page, and other improvements, but your local cache of the website, particularly if you visit regularly, may be a little out of date. Clearing the cache, or using a difference browser to update things and you should be good to go (or try a 'deep' refresh (hold down the shift key when clicking refresh0 should also work . 

Thank you for the explanation @McC, as it is most helpful.  That may explain why the preorder tab on the right wasn't there initially but it was a little later.  I must admit that I didn't think of the cache, which I should have done, so please excuse me on that one. 😊

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

All sorted now, cancelled and money is showing as straight back in my account and preordered with no cash down, phew!

nearly had to eat cold cabbage soup until payday! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Euro-Thrash - 66793 Revealed As Accurascale Exclusive In 66 Line-Up

668-2.jpg.1fca80a47dbe5e11b4f41cdbd5e6f094.jpg

Hi everyone,

The second coming of our Class 66 locomotives has certainly piqued the interest among modellers as sales of these ubiquitous beasts have defied even our lofty expectations. 

With a colourful fleet already making up the main range, a hearty mix of squadron liveries and some more exotic special or one-off liveries forming the makeup of the run, we knew we would have to offer something special, something bold, for our exclusive model.

6612-2.jpg.679ade8f9db7024fbbac83be7db2c132.jpg

Thankfully, the sheds do make that easy, and we now have a unique opportunity to also unveil our euro tooling enhancements and options as we look to model one of these repurposed machines for the first time in ready-to-run OO format.

So, welcome to the GBRf triple grey celebrity that is 66793!

History

6610-2.jpg.405de75a60e5954a3087c6dde4d24d5a.jpg

66793 comes under the broad umbrella of what is known to British railway enthusiasts as a “euro class 66”. These locomotives all exhibit differences to the home fleet class 66 that we are familiar with. This locomotive was built in August 2003 for HSBC Rail and leased to ERS Railways (formerly European Rail Shuttle) in the Netherlands and was given their fleet number 6608.

In 2009 the locomotive was acquired by Beacon Rail Leasing and transferred to Heavy Haul Power International (HHPI) where it was repainted, renumbered to 29004 and named “Dave Meehan”. HHPI operated 29004 in Germany until 2020 when they upgraded their fleet to Stadler Euro Dual type locomotives and the class 66 fleet were displaced.

6611-2.jpg.389a8fabfd17abf30a045c525365f86f.jpg

During late 2020, 29004 arrived in the UK at Immingham before transfer to Doncaster Roberts Road depot for conversion to UK spec for the new operators, GBRf. This conversion included changing the profile of the front deflector plates, fitting of UK electrical equipment (and removal of European equipment) plus GBRf standard upgrades to lights and windows. The locomotive retained some of its Euro features such as the twin pipe air system, larger horn box and euro horn notes.

Once conversion was completed the newly registered 66793 was transferred to the paint shop at Eastleigh before being unveiled during March 2021 in its British Rail inspired, triple grey livery complete with construction sector markings. This was done to mark the partnership between GBRf and various customers in the construction sector.

The Model

669-2.jpg.c9e1cc3b82078a6820322e881262c6f9.jpg

With more and more euro spec Class 66 locomotives being repurposed for operation in the UK, we felt it was a must to broaden the tooling suite to include these distinctive modifications. As can be seen, areas such as horn covers, buffers, front valance, pipework and other areas have been brought into the fold to make a most convincing "euroshed"; something never done before in 00/4mm scale. 66793 is the first model to showcase the European features and demonstrate the flexibility of our Class 66 tooling suite. 

Coming complete with the full "Accurascale Exclusives" treatment of special presentation packaging and limited edition certificate, 66793 will arrive alongside the rest of our 2nd Class 66 production run in Q2 of 2025.

Only available via the Accurascale website, you can pre-order 66793 by clicking the link below!

Pre-Order Your Class 66793 By Clicking Here!

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran hope all is well. A quick question about 66793. Will the sound file have the correct horn tones as in the video Newbryford has posted on the thread? 

Regards Gary 

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

I used my points, will they be redeemed and can I reuse them?

Hi Mick,

The code will be reusable if the order has been cancelled, so you don't lose out on your points.

4 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Hi Fran hope all is well. A quick question about 66793. Will the sound file have the correct horn tones as in the video Newbryford has posted on the thread? 

Regards Gary 

Hi Gary,

Absolutely! We have recorded the euro horn and will be part of the sound file for this model.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6