Mastercard authentification

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I believe Richmond is the commonest name for settlements, with 45 of them in the USA alone and half a dozen in Canada.

Wikipedia: According to the U.S. Geological Survey there are currently 67 populated places named Springfield in the U.S.A. Database studies reveal that there are several more common U.S. place-names than Springfield, including Fairview and Midway.

Springfield of course being where the Simpsons live, and Springfield, Massachusetts being named after the one near Chelmsford (there's also a Chelmsford, MA).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

@GWR-fanKernow don’t decide the rules on credit card payments, they use a third party processor and it will be their system.

Does your credit card company hold a mobile or email address for you?  If they don’t how can they complete a verification process.

A number of these order processing companies have "cleverly" set up their systems to recognise recognise UK land line  and or mobile numbers.  They don't recognise foreign ones and just do not work if presented with such a number.  @GWR-fan is basically stuffed - as was OH when she tried to  register for internet banking  with her UK bank.  

It is also worth remembering that double authentication is a European (not just EU) initiative and will not necessarily apply to other countries.  Card companies there may well not be equipped to manage processes imposed by European bank and card companies.   

• Informative/Useful 1

A successful workaround has been suggested by the store to avoid phoning in an order.  While I am using the same card as used previously,  all I need to do is email the store with my order and they will process the order using the card payment details as on the last successful transaction with the store.  If a detail such as expiry date changes then I simply email that change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Final chapter on this.  An email was sent requesting numerous items.  Several hours later I received an email with a receipt for my purchases and a further email stating the order was being dispatched.  Could not have worked out better.  The staff at Kernow went over and above to sort things out and get my full appreciation for their efforts.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium
Just now, GWR-fan said:

Final chapter on this.  An email was sent requesting numerous items.  Several hours later I received an email with a receipt for my purchases and a further email stating the order was being dispatched.  Could not have worked out better.  The staff at Kernow went over and above to sort things out and get my full appreciation for their efforts.

That is why they are, and have been for many years, my first choice for mail order (usual disclaimer).

• Like 2
  • Agree 2