Parkside 00 Wagon Kits Decals

Stefen1988

For some time now, Peco has been offering their Parkside Wagon Kits with decals.

Can anyone confirm that these kits are coming only with the appropriate "Big Four" Decals (for example; LNER Bogie Wagons with LNER Decals only) or even with such for BR?

Me too it's such a pain when they are advised as LNER wagons not ex LNER wagons. So you'd think they would come with LNER as well. I have been building lots of Slaters NER 20 t hoppers. Their transfer sheet covers virtually every time period of the wagon. So it's not hard to do. 

A little advice Stefen1988, I have been building lots of the NER Quad bolster wagons. Don't use the shouldered brass bearings provided. Use plain brass bearings instead, you will find the bogie assembly much easier.

Edited by Trestrol
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Trestrol said:

I have been building lots of Slaters NER 20 t hoppers. Their transfer sheet covers virtually every time period of the wagon. So it's not hard to do.

Parkside obviously know the proportion of modellers building for the BR period, as opposed to the LNER period.

They've concluded that most LNER transfers would end up in the waste bin, so they don't bother to supply them.

John Isherwood.

12 hours ago, John Isherwood said:

Parkside obviously know the proportion of modellers building for the BR period, as opposed to the LNER period.

They've concluded that most LNER transfers would end up in the waste bin, so they don't bother to supply them.

John Isherwood.

That's probably true but it would help if they sold them separately for us LNER modellers.  There don't seem to be any transfers available for the horsebox "RETURN TO" destinations, for example.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I two grizzle about their being no pre nationalisation transfers in.the kits, suppose it’s a hangover from modelmaster only doing BR transfers for the kits,I am ending up with quite a few unwanted BR transfers, thank god for the likes of John Usherwood  and HRMS !

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Graham456 said:

I two grizzle about their being no pre nationalisation transfers in.the kits, suppose it’s a hangover from modelmaster only doing BR transfers for the kits,I am ending up with quite a few unwanted BR transfers, thank god for the likes of John Usherwood  and HRMS !

As I understand it, John Isherwood does not do LNER transfers either.

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

57 minutes ago, John Isherwood said:

As I understand it, John Isherwood does not do LNER transfers either.

John Isherwood.

Is there anything on your Decal lists that is actually useful for the LNER era,  there is overlap between the two era's , I ask as there no illustrations on your web page please?

On 05/08/2024 at 08:33, Bucoops said:

The only ones I've seen frustratingly only had BR ones.

No help to the OP, but the X7 Mica B/Insulated van does have GW as well as BR transfers, the latter missing "XP" and wheelbase detail, coded "Insulated" rather than "Vent-Insul-Meat", and with a single number which appears to belong to O11; the GW ones are rather more comprehensive, with two correct numbers, but also lacks the 1943 code name. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, micklner said:

Is there anything on your Decal lists that is actually useful for the LNER era,  there is overlap between the two era's , I ask as there no illustrations on your web page please?

As I understand it, under the new 'commercial activity' rules I'm afraid that such queries must be conducted by PM.

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1