www.scale3d.co.uk

• RMweb Gold

I tried searching RMWeb without success. 

Has anyone got any experience of this company.  https://www.scale3d.co.uk/

They seem to do some really interesting scenic products and 009 rolling stock. Their prices seem very reasonable.

I saw their ad on Facebook, which makes me suspicious. 

Thanks

I've ordered from them before -- their resin 3D-printed passengers pack for painting and fitting in my Class 105 back in late 2022. Great service and product in my experience.

Edited by MattR
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I bought several dozen rabbits, some Victorian milk churns and cow and calf from them. Service was excellent and the products great.  Really fine details are modelled well, and as  close to scale size as possible, which means they can quite fragile. As a result of less than perfect handling I now have a handful of rabbits that require new ears sculpting!

• Informative/Useful 1

• Administrators

Good service but you can take the 'scale' element of some of the Inoxion buildings and brick sizes with a pinch of salt.

• Thanks 1

I can see that with the passenger figures too in a way ... I've not had any experience with the standalone figures.  They did seem slightly underscale compared to Modelu, although not HO-small, but that may have been on purpose to fit into model coach seating.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Got a herd of cows from them, quite good and getting another set 'reversed' doubles the variations.

Their 'Old vintage tractor' is a 1917 Fordson, also a good print apart from the exhaust which should go below the back axle. Looks like it's not available in 4mm at the moment.

https://www.scale3d.co.uk/collections/vehicles/products/copy-of-old-farm-tractor-1?variant=43054178042076

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MattR said:

I can see that with the passenger figures too in a way ... I've not had any experience with the standalone figures.  They did seem slightly underscale compared to Modelu, although not HO-small, but that may have been on purpose to fit into model coach seating.

Generally their individual figures are excellent and compare with the very limited modelu items I have both in quality and size. Where they seem to get a bit minaturized is in the sets of workers and sitting figures, but people come in assorted sizes. Forced perspective and squeezing people into small spaces can accommodate any variations in scale. Their animals are excellent and varied. Service is quick and efficient. Any of the few quality control issues are promptly and usually generously sorted out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

Their 'Old vintage tractor' is a 1917 Fordson, also a good print apart from the exhaust which should go below the back axle. Looks like it's not available in 4mm at the moment.

https://www.scale3d.co.uk/collections/vehicles/products/copy-of-old-farm-tractor-1?variant=43054178042076

I ordered one of these from Scale3D along with several figures at the start of the year.  On opening the box, one of the figures that I ordered was missing, but I think I had two figures that I hadn't ordered instead.  However, I was disappointed by the Fordson tractor, which looked too big.  After carefully measuring the dimensions, I concluded that they'd sent me a pretty accurately scaled 1:64 model (not the 00 model that I'd ordered).  I e-mailed them back to 'complain' about my order, indicating the prototype dimensions and the corresponding model dimensions and they said they'd investigate.  About a week later I was sent two new Fordson tractors, which were correctly scaled 1:76 models along with the missing figure from my previous order.  They didn't want the 1:64 scale tractor back, so I passed it onto a fellow club member who has a 1930s S Scale layout, for which a tractor of that vintage remains plausible.

I therefore can't fault their service.  Mistakes happen, but I believe companies should be judged on how they respond and I have no issues.  I just need to actually get the paint brushes out and transform them into figures (and a tractor) that I can put on my layout (once I get to that stage).

Edited by Dungrange
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MattR said:

Slightly under-scale figures are something I seek out to go with the 19th Century and pre grouping stock I am slowly accumulating. In those eras people were shorter and too many model figures based on current body sizes look so wrong in those settings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23896855

image.png.3f433d26d69e74256126af06f2332bfc.png

Edited by Pete Haitch
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I’ve had loads of figures and vehicles off them and can’t complain at all, quick service and very good details for a great price 

some of the early figures I think were printed in a different material which were a bit fragile and I had very fine bits snap off but the newer orders I made have been a material which seem a bit more flexible so are a bit more forgiving

cruel close ups of some of the figures I’ve painted  

IMG_5828.jpeg.a62deac189f8371fbb6603a3389e2286.jpeg

IMG_4847.jpeg.3f013249e8f2fb533afd8c1acb656be5.jpeg

IMG_4843.jpeg.e3b0e28c81ce9dae92dfdffdc40c4a6e.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg.03494af8606b17812ae2adb5a3c52da3.jpeg

IMG_4844.jpeg.448878ce1049bfa7f457eaecdd4b650d.jpeg

IMG_4849.jpeg

Their foxhound vehicle is very good for the hattons/accurascale modern warwell too 

https://www.scale3d.co.uk/products/g3d001-ocelot-foxhound-kit?_pos=1&_psq=foxhound&_ss=e&_v=1.0

IMG_4471.jpeg

IMG_5469.jpeg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/07/2024 at 17:29, phil_sutters said:

Generally their individual figures are excellent and compare with the very limited modelu items I have both in quality and size. Where they seem to get a bit minaturized is in the sets of workers and sitting figures, but people come in assorted sizes. Forced perspective and squeezing people into small spaces can accommodate any variations in scale. Their animals are excellent and varied. Service is quick and efficient. Any of the few quality control issues are promptly and usually generously sorted out.

Among the smaller types is a group of seated workers. They appear to be sitting around having a lunch break, some with their snap tins others with a bottle. Curiously a number of them still have their working gloves or gauntlets on. They are all wearing the floppy peaked caps similar to the Peaky Blinders type. I have used a couple in a front garden scene which will, if I ever complete anything like the whole diorama, be at the back of my Old Brue Quay - a massively condensed interpretation of the S&DJR's Highbridge Wharf.

5&6 Newtown Road Highbridge - photographed 27 7 2024.jpg

6 to 2 Newtown Road Highbridge - photographed 27 7 2024.jpg

• Like 6