Bachmann another new tooling

Thebigshot

• RMweb Gold

Excellent news, and great to see Bachmann investing in N Gauge Steam. The last new tool steam, the 8F, is superb and the V2 looks to be continuing on from that, if not exceeding it once again. 

I feel a Green Arrow inbound! 

Tom. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Adi said:

Surely a Diecast body would eradicate the need for traction tyres 

Would add to the cost somewhat.

At least it's a choice and they must feel most people would not need the traction tyres as they in the spares.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

28 minutes ago, TomE said:

I feel a Green Arrow inbound! 

Locomotion models exclusive perhaps? Hope fully Apple Green AND BR Green options available

• Agree 1

I had been hoping that we would see a new V2 in N as it has so much going for it, but for it to now actually be announced is incredible news, and even in bare plastic and metal the model looks awesome and simply light years away from the somewhat compromised model of the early "noughties".

This loco will fit perfectly on my under construction GC layout, and for me it is one loco where the price will not be a major issue. I can see two BR sound fitted ones heading my way, depending on what is produced maybe a black and a green one. I would love to see 60828, a York engine with outside pipes regularly seen on the GC and frequently "borrowed" by Woodford Halse shed staff.

Roll on the 7th August for more news, but as we have only been shown EPs here, I am thinking delivery of the finished production locos may be somewhat later in the year rather than at TINGS.

Well done Bachmann!

Roy

• Like 3