Bachmann another new tooling

Thebigshot

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Or if you watch the video it actually plays Stingray and advertises the two figurines announced last November to celebrate 60 years of Stingray during 2024.

So it could be train related or it may actually be a model of Stingray itself.

https://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2023/11/stand-by-for-action/

We'll know tomorrow.

Don't forget that the Stingray series intro always included the Commander saying "anything could happen in the next half hour" and that may be the extent of the connection to what is being announced...

Just now, The Black Hat said:

probably something else Southern. Probably just a wagon.... 

Or as somebody has mentioned a toilet block... maybe even a Southern toilet block 😁

• Funny 2

I’m hoping that the do a 009 mountaineer I know it’s not the best locomotive to get the most returns from but for me it’s such a unique locomotives it would fit right in my collection 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

There’s a lot of N gauge they have done all of the research for that aren’t in the OO range so potentially relatively quick wins - any of the 8F, Black Five , Royal Scot and the Stanier coaches would do me for starters :) There’s precedent too because the 31 appeared in the N gauge range first too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave75 said:

It’s the anniversary of the last shift over Woodhead , so it’s a class 76 with working pantographs ;-)

That might not be such a bad call considering the EFE link-up!

Surely the late-style Class 25 is a wide-open goal in the Graham Farish range - it's not like a new chassis is even required. Frankly astonished they haven't done this one yet......

I know it was done in the Poole era but it wasn't exactly a brilliant model (to put it mildly).

However I acknowledge that this would be another diesel, not what many N gauge modellers would prefer to see at the moment (an understandable desire shared with OO modellers it seems).

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, dave75 said:

It’s the anniversary of the last shift over woodhead , so it’s a class 76 with working pantographs ;-)

I’d get a few if they released a 76, they would go nicely with a retooled Whistler, too!

Sadly (for me), I’m thinking something in 009 will be announced.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

There’s a lot of N gauge they have done all of the research for that aren’t in the OO range so potentially relatively quick wins - any of the 8F, Black Five , Royal Scot and the Stanier coaches would do me for starters :) There’s precedent too because the 31 appeared in the N gauge range first too. 

In fairness the reverse is true in absolute spades - loads of ‘quick wins’ that they’ve done all the research for that aren’t in N…. Probably the majority of their products!

I’m minded to think this might be a pre-TINGS announcement 

Edited by Helmdon
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Helmdon said:

The obvious gap in N, for example, is a decent modern GWR king 

A few thoughts that, the first and most obvious of which is that Bachmann have never made a King in any scale, and in saying this I am of course aware of the Farish "King" which wasn't Bachmann, it was  made late in Poole days and frankly it is awful, they would have to start R&D from scratch.

Secondly DJM seem to have poisoned the well somewhat as regards the loco with their proposed "crowdfunded" version where the "crowd" didn't appear to fund anything apart from a few CADS, because subsequent to that when KR models proposed a King in N (using what appeared to be a very similar CAD to the DJM) it clearly didn't generate enough interest because it was never taken further. The only way it might surface as an N model that I can see is as an EFE one based around the DJM CADs. 

I think there are a few more obvious gaps that are for larger classes of more widely travelled steam locos, and two from the old Farish range already made in OO by Bachmann are the Hughes Fowler "Crab" and the Gresley V2, another possible is the 94xx Pannier, an ever present in the Farish range for about 35 years recently newly tolled in OO.

Three hours and we will find out, very likely it will be none of the above, not a loco and not even N! 🤔

Roy

P.S. Edit: For clarity, the Farish N Gauge V2 produced early "noughties" isn't a wholly Bachmann designed loco, work on it was actually started before the takeover of Farish and it is therefore something of a hybrid.

Edited by Roy L S

19 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Deltic or 40 I’d say . No comoetittion with the later .

in OO the Deltic has been made very recently by Accurascale and Bachmann have already upgraded their existing 40. In N the 40 tooling is fairly recent, Next 18 and sound ready. Their N Deltic tooling is a bit older but all Bachmann, pretty decent and DCC ready so best I could see is a sound upgrade.

Personally I think they would tackle the 37 first as far as sound goes - in fact there's a thought, could the announcement even turn out be a brand new ground up 37 in N to current specification as a follow on to the OO one I wonder??

Back to reality, probably none of the above, possibly not even N, maybe not even a loco..

Roy