Lines on print

I have an issue with wagon prints, where there are horizontal lines on the body, not horizontal too the build plate.

This only happens with new resin, and reduces as the resin ages. 

woodvanbodyprimered.jpeg.aca529757d8ce31adb04933115fb7e2b.jpeg

I am using Lychee slicer pro, with Siraya Tech resin, and a minimum temperature of 28C.

woodvanbodysupport.jpg.37cb7b1f40c16f18ea4963596634da89.jpg

Here is the support system, with the model being 35 degrees on the Y axis and -5 on the X axis.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Interesting. My first thought its the slicing software. Have you tried Chitubox? 

What scale is the model ? It looks very good

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's 7mm scale - Stephen has done a very nice job of the digital model. My role has been mainly providing some drawings and a bit of feedback as the model has developed.

I haven't been involved in the printing process until now, when he sent me a few test prints. I was wondering about the slicing software - I'll see if he is up for trying Chitubox.

Nick.

Might be an idea to have a look at the thread of a couple of weeks ago on the same subject. Horizontal lines in a resin print started back at the end of May.

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Makes no obvious sense that the artefacts are aligned to the CAD model and not the build plate. Are you sure they aren't in the STL in some form? If you use a dumb STL viewer that shows all edges, including coincident edges, does that show anything?

I doubt that Lychee is adding them. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Harlequin said:

Makes no obvious sense that the artefacts are aligned to the CAD model and not the build plate. Are you sure they aren't in the STL in some form? If you use a dumb STL viewer that shows all edges, including coincident edges, does that show anything?

I doubt that Lychee is adding them. 

That was my thought also, and the strange thing is that it is way more prominent one one side than the other.

I will look into a dumb STL viewer, and try some different print angles. 

It's definitely lessens as the resin ages, again very strange.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

36 minutes ago, stevel said:

That was my thought also, and the strange thing is that it is way more prominent one one side than the other.

I will look into a dumb STL viewer, and try some different print angles. 

It's definitely lessens as the resin ages, again very strange.

I find it odd that a chemical reaction of the resin would produce such consistent spaced lines.. To me it points to something  mechanical, electrical  or software. You say that it lessens as the resin age. What period of time are we saying? 

6 hours ago, ICH said:

I find it odd that a chemical reaction of the resin would produce such consistent spaced lines.. To me it points to something  mechanical, electrical  or software. You say that it lessens as the resin age. What period of time are we saying? 

You and me both, once the bottle is opened it seems to decrease over a period of a few weeks. I'm going to design a test model to try a variety of print angles, and test some temperature tests also.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Quarryscapes said:

Its the 10 degree tilt that's done it, the 35 degree tilt just happens to have been the inclination that produces smooth diagonals. 

I think you are right - a closer look under skimming light shows the lines on the end are at an angle:

IMG_4728.jpeg.124554ca45f19796819b5f7a1a67104e.jpeg

Nick.

• Like 2