Eckon Colour Light Signal Replacement Hoods

Hello All.

Does anyone know where I can obtain the hoods for fitting to the back of Eckon OO gauge colour light signals? I recently replaced the original GoW bulbs in mine with LED's and have carelessly misplaced the hoods which I had put aside for safe keepng! 🥴 I lost one several months ago and managed to fashion a replacement out of a cigarette paper which looks okay at a distance, but doesn't bear up to close scrutiny. (It's also a bit fiddly.)

I was wondering if someone produces them as 3D prints. (If not, why not?) 😈

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Obviously not. I admit I am a bit surprised. Nice little cottage industry for someone with a 3D printer I would have thought. Not just for hoods; there must be several different easily, (or not so easily), misplaced items in all scales that could be catered for.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, westernfan said:

Hmm. Obviously not. I admit I am a bit surprised. Nice little cottage industry for someone with a 3D printer I would have thought. Not just for hoods; there must be several different easily, (or not so easily), misplaced items in all scales that could be catered for.

Indeed - but in sufficient volumes / prices to make the effort worthwhile?

I think not!

So can't you knock something up with plastic tubing - readily available from the likes of Evergreen?

It's called modelling!

CJI.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, westernfan said:

Have you considered contacting Eckon and see if they can supply just the hoods?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Indeed - but in sufficient volumes / prices to make the effort worthwhile?

I think not!

So can't you knock something up with plastic tubing - readily available from the likes of Evergreen?

It's called modelling!

CJI.

That is a fair point and I only meant it as a side line for someone who already produces such things as cats, dogs, etc.

As I said in my original post, I have fashioned one before using a cigarette paper and your suggestion off plastic tubing is not a bad idea. Thanks. I do feel your sarcastic comment is uncalled for though

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Have you considered contacting Eckon and see if they can supply just the hoods?

I already have done and am waiting for a reply. I just thought that I might explore other options.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You don't say what size you want;.i.e. 2, 3 or 4 aspect, and whether it's a round or square top. You might get more response if you specify exactly what you want - or am I being sarcastic as well?

No, your not being sarcastic at all. You raise a very valid point which I appreciate; thank you. It is the two head round top I'm needing.

My comment about sarcasm was in response to the "It's called modelling!"  remark.