I think I’ve done something rather rash

10 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Wow!  I usually try and spread that much over almost a fortnight!

Such wealth..!! 🤑😁👍

Edit - he says, trying to hide personal O Scale collections.... 🙄🤦‍♂️😳

Edited by F-UnitMad

4 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Such wealth..!! 🤑😁👍

Edit - he says, trying to hide personal O Scale collections.... 🙄🤦‍♂️😳

3 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Not every fortnight 🤣

well, all I can say is, all I have spent on my TT so far equates to one sound fitted O gauge diesel loco, and all I have done is catch up to everyone else with the exception of non existent TTA wagons. The HST set appears to be pushed back to November which I wanted purely for the track to use as a test track circuit and the 2 additional coaches that aren’t in the HST pack. 

so until November my bank balance is quite safe lol

• Friendly/supportive 2

Made the Mk2 ends more realistic with a bit of a wash and paint over the white wear strips on the vestibule ends. 

from what I could see the whiter plasticky wear strips were a late BR / privatisation era thing replacing the ferobestos strips which were grey

IMG_6139.jpeg.9e94f037b5d68036c54aff56bc116a70.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Made the Mk2 ends more realistic with a bit of a wash and paint over the white wear strips on the vestibule ends. 

from what I could see the whiter plasticky wear strips were a late BR / privatisation era thing replacing the ferobestos strips which were grey

IMG_6139.jpeg.9e94f037b5d68036c54aff56bc116a70.jpeg

Magnetic couplers fitted?  The light touch weathering does look very effective to me, Keith.

1 hour ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Magnetic couplers fitted?  The light touch weathering does look very effective to me, Keith.

the supplied ones. They are great. Wish they were in the Mk3’s too. You have to look at them properly to make sure you don’t fit them upside down though 

• Thanks 1

Well, today I bought a load of wagon works fittings from westhill wagon works, to go in my er….wagon works

last week I received a couple of shed kits from an eBay purchase, which actually were better in real life than the rendition in the photos on eBay. I’ll do a show and tell on them later.

I have also purchased a set of Peco 2nd radius set track curves, so this means I can play and run in my locos when they arrive in the post.

And I have to fit my sound to the 08, so I will have to charge up my video camera and see how it goes

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Well, it appears I have made a bit of an error lol

i have bought some 2nd radius double curves from PECO, so I can make a continuous circuit using my flexi track.

i bought 8 to make a complete circuit………..well, it now appears I have 8 boxes of 8 pieces on their way. Enough to do 8 circles! What a twit!!! I guess I could make a couple of helixes 

Edited by 47606odin
  • Funny 2

On 13/07/2024 at 09:41, 47606odin said:

Oh dear, well, I’ve done it now!

having always been conscious of the gauge vs scale issues 00 has, and also to a lesser degree N, I went up to 0 as it was pretty close too, and I was initially keen to possibly in the future dip my toes in TT:120, joined the club, but then Hornby refused to sell directly to Australia due to anti monopoly complaints from the Australian importer/distributor, which ironically created a monopoly in Australia boosting prices, I decided nope. It’s not for me.

Well, I’ve bought an 08, in BR blue, at expensive Australian prices

I therefore have officially joined the ranks of TT:120, but will be limiting my purchases to BR blue mid 70’s at this stage so I could still run older BR 4 wheel wagons like vanfits potentially 

when the HST sets come out, looks like I’ll have to get one so I have track for the 08 to run on.

Id look at Peco rather than Hornby track, seeing as the big plastic frogs on the points is like going back to the 1970’s, but is Tillig track better than Peco?

but there we go, I blame the likes of Peachy for this….now how to I get it past the Missus……

At least the boxes are smaller……

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Well, it appears I have made a bit of an error lol

i have bought some 2nd radius double curves from PECO, so I can make a continuous circuit using my flexi track.

i bought 8 to make a complete circuit………..well, it now appears I have 8 boxes of 8 pieces on their way. Enough to do 8 circles! What a twit!!! I guess I could make a couple of helixes 

May not be that bad - I think the double curves come in boxes of 4, while the single curves are in boxes of 8…?  Guess we wait to see what arrives?  Keith.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

May not be that bad - I think the double curves come in boxes of 4, while the single curves are in boxes of 8…?  Guess we wait to see what arrives?  Keith.

I thought it was 4 from the Peco video, but Rails list them as 8, so yep, we can have a count up when they arrive

• Agree 1