Ratio GWR 4 wheeled coach kit roof colour?

Hi all,

I have acquired 3 Damaged Ration GWR 4 wheeled coaches. I have replaced the missing buffers and am about to start on the underframes that have damaged footboards. But what I really want to know is what colours should the roofs be.. The are currently mainly white white, But the gap between the edge and the rain strips has been painted brown. Should the roofs be all white. Or could they be grey or black?

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Edited by cypherman

• cypherman changed the title to Ratio GWR 4 wheeled coach kit roof colour?
33 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Coaches were repainted quite frequently  in the 20th century, Given stability they would be re varnished but when liveries changed they would be repainted as well. 4 or 5 liveries in the life of the coaches was quite common.

@Miiss Prism's  photo has an 850 pannier lettered "Great Western" in full and coaches  in simplified Chocolate / Cream livery so post 1923 and apparently grey roofs.. IPre 23 and post circa 1907ish it would have been red or brown livery and from new fully lined paneled chocolate and cream .In that era the side to rain strip may have been brown.  Roof would have been canvass over wood  It  looks to me like the footboards have been simplified, Might be wrong, somewhere 1880 ish board of trade decided foot boards were a good idea and mandated them then quietly forgot about them.