Hornby BR GRESLEY SUBURBAN COACHES

paul 27

Posted (edited)

Looking  for advice for removing the body from chassis are these a press fit so will

need a sharp blade or card  to seperate, i think the roof is part of the moulding.

Edited by paul 27

• RMweb Premium

The roof is indeed part of the moulding, to remove the body, locate the four tabs close to the bogies. Be careful, the footplates are very fragile.

But some plasticard in between the chassis and body, and open up along the length towards the middle, there is an inverse U-tab, so open the body gently and you can take it of.

Apart from the footplates, the pipes running along the solebar sides are fragile as well. Be warned.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

You’re welcome, if you need pictures let me know. I have a couple of the teak versions waiting for their internal lights installation, so I’ll have to open them anyway.

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Johan DC said:

You’re welcome, if you need pictures let me know. I have a couple of the teak versions waiting for their internal lights installation, so I’ll have to open them anyway.

Would probably be useful to someone on here - whether now or in future - if you were to post a couple of photographs here.  Just a thought!

John S