Touching up Bachmann Class 37 - advice please :)

Hi All, 

First time posting. I have recently bought a 2nd Hand Bachmann Class 37. I would like to touch up some of the dinks in the paint work. I have never done any of this kind of thing before. After spending some time looking around the internet, I am now overwhelmed with the different paints, manufacturers, paint types, etc. 

I hoping someone can give me some help on what is the difference between enamels vs acrylics. Which one would be best for touching up some bodywork?

Also do any of the paint companies have a chart or booklet with the colours and what they would have been used on? Looking through all the websites at every paint is exhausting to work out when it used or where!

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

You could use a fine brush and touch up the areas that have been affected. depending on what livery it is, try and match it as best as you can, and then varnish over it which should help blend it together

NL

On 04/07/2024 at 19:11, ben.mini said:

Hi All, 

First time posting. I have recently bought a 2nd Hand Bachmann Class 37. I would like to touch up some of the dinks in the paint work. I have never done any of this kind of thing before. After spending some time looking around the internet, I am now overwhelmed with the different paints, manufacturers, paint types, etc. 

I hoping someone can give me some help on what is the difference between enamels vs acrylics. Which one would be best for touching up some bodywork?

Also do any of the paint companies have a chart or booklet with the colours and what they would have been used on? Looking through all the websites at every paint is exhausting to work out when it used or where!

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Ben

Whack a photo up and I'm sure someone will be able to help