Model Railway Journal 305

• RMweb Gold

Out now and available to order from Titfield in Bath, Model Railway Journal 305, edited by Karl Crowther.

MRJ305.jpg.9a0b7782a1a180c40234a536601a57d0.jpg

My take on it is here, a thoroughly decent and enjoyable issue, and all available for the slightly higher than before but still ridiculously good value price of £6.50.

This issue is unusual for the MRJ in as much as it features a thoroughly up to date "modern image" model railway in OO scale from Paul Mulligan.  "Spotted" by the editor on Facebook, which truly does contain much that is of interest and a joy to behold, amongst the bacon rind....

Simon

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Top stuff..

All being well I'll collect on Larkrail Day. 

Rob

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I've not finished reading issue 304 yet...

Aw, bless....

Monthly - now stop it....

New-1(245).jpg.955c19c060b03bb7c54b922accd5780a.jpg

More likely peripatetic period prevalence periodical perogative...

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Aw, bless....

Monthly - now stop it....

New-1(245).jpg.955c19c060b03bb7c54b922accd5780a.jpg

More likely peripatetic period prevalence periodical perogative...

There's a railway that needs to send the weedkiller train out.

AGAIN!

• Funny 2

On 04/07/2024 at 15:57, Not Jeremy said:

This issue is unusual for the MRJ in as much as it features a thoroughly up to date "modern image" model railway in OO scale from Paul Mulligan.

304 was also quite (not so) Modern Image in content, any more of this and I might as well take out a subscription!

Regards

Matt

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 05/07/2024 at 10:05, Gilbert said:

Feels like it...

I've just had an idle browse...

302 was March

303 early May

and monthly since then..my renewal form was an unexpected inclusion in today's delivery...but I'm not complaining...

ChrisH

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I just hope there are men with sufficient copies in Bath........

• Round of applause 2

41 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

Did my usual thing today with WHS March - sadly no sign of 305. They are usually prompt there.

Yeah ditto in Darlington WHS still selling 304. Was in town for another reason so thought I'd have a quick looksee. Grrr.

Ah well money stays in my pocket/account for a few more days.

spacer.png

• Funny 2

Years ago Huntingdon WHS was my regular. I had a different mag on regular order, and speaking to the manager, Wednesday was the day it (and MRJ) came in. There was a l;ocal wholesaler in the area that delivered.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I just hope there are men with sufficient copies in Bath........

Fear not, adequate supplies have been laid down and await perusal and/or purchase.

Am just hoovering spiders webs, dead woodlice and generally tidying the place up ahead of Saturday' s jollities...

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, decauville1126 said:

My copy too arrived yesterday on a sodden south Sussex coast - at least it has something railwayish on the cover this time!

No it hasn't ! 

That's an LNER loco. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I popped into Huntingdon WHS whilst I was collecting my new glasses - success with 305 this time! Mind you they've revamped the store, and the mags are right down the back now.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, stewartingram said:

I popped into Huntingdon WHS whilst I was collecting my new glasses - success with 305 this time! Mind you they've revamped the store, and the mags are right down the back now.

At our local WHS branch - where I secured a copy yesterday - the mags are not only right at the back of the shop but MRJ is always placed right at the back of the bottom shelf so is near invisible unless you bend down and know where to look for it.  

Fortunately those shelves are not only near the entrance from the car park but are only a relatively short walk from the chiropractor's premises.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

At our local WHS branch - where I secured a copy yesterday - the mags are not only right at the back of the shop but MRJ is always placed right at the back of the bottom shelf so is near invisible unless you bend down and know where to look for it.  

Fortunately those shelves are not only near the entrance from the car park but are only a relatively short walk from the chiropractor's premises.

At least its not in a back room where only the "discerning gentlemen" customers are allowed....

• Agree 2