Whats the loudest out of the box uk sound loco

SulzerPeak

Intetested in other peoples opinions on this one. Whats the loudest sound fitted uk loco out of the box? No modifying cvs or speaker changes. My moneys on the Cavelex class 56. 

The sound level would be better matched to the operating room. The question is a bit like what is the fastest car.

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, SulzerPeak said:

Intetested in other peoples opinions on this one. Whats the loudest sound fitted uk loco out of the box? No modifying cvs or speaker changes. My moneys on the Cavelex class 56. 

Agreed re the Cavalex 56, but perhaps the question would be better as: What is the most authentic / realistic sound for out of the box loco?

• Agree 2

Lots of LOUD stuff out there but quality of the sound and what it is supposed to be are more important. 

The louder it gets the more chance of distortion and a lot of sound installations just can’t cope with max chat ear bending sound. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It also depends on the room.  I have a Deltic with Legobiffoman sound and a custom installation by Charlie, running it in my friends loft where the roof curves down over the layout the shape makes the sound reverberate loudly. It sounds truely awesome, considerably better than the Accurascale Deltic.

• RMweb Gold

I'm assuming that the OP thinks that loudest is a good thing?  Personally I have turned down every loco I own to some degree.  As already mentioned, the operating space has a huge influence on what might be seen as a "normal" volume.  Along with the number of locos that may be running on the layout at the same time.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Agree 2