Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold & Premium members only. All users can browse and contact the sellers.

GWR Signal Dept and Tool Van Wagon Kits in 4mm

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

OO gauge GWR wagon kits

T3 Signal Dept wagon for £25

CC2 Tool Van for £30

CC7 Signal Dept Van for £35

Prices above includes bearings, Alan Gibson wheels & H&A steel buffer heads

CC2 (as supplied)

IMG_9097.jpeg.021e0a1e1806a80f27788d3ebc7acf78.jpeg

Postage (within the UK)

1 wagon £5

2 or more postage is free

Discounts

Any three less £10 off the total (inc free postage)

I don’t supply the transfers myself but @railtec-models have produced me some specific for my wagon kits

Transfers

CC2 https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=10754

CC7 https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=11053

T3 https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=11323

I print them as and when required but they are done in my spare time so it normally takes about 2-3 weeks allowing for printing, curing and trimming etc.

Available with either a dovetail socket for NEM pockets (left) or a larger slot in the buffer beam to suit Slaters 3 link couplings (right)

IMG_9132.jpeg.388929c8723dba04cceb6753b3edae0f.jpeg

CC2

IMG_9028.jpeg.636f9c8b21fafb6af7fd2567f2b62319.jpeg

CC7

IMG_9341.jpeg.b10e54bfb82f5dff75078209e76678b4.jpeg

T3

IMG_0310.jpeg.70fd83ae5f2d7dfaf9f41c2497d3f6fa.jpeg

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

Thanks Paul

All my information was taken from 

GWR Goods Wagons by Tourret, R.,Beard, W.,Atkins, A. G.

So I’m unable to post the photos taken from the book due to copyright etc

Chris

Edited by chuffinghell

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Just a quick question, do you print the brake rigging for the desired gauge or is it generic?

Currently the brake rigging is designed for OO gauge, however, I could easily alter my drawings to suit if the brake rigging needed to be moved out for EM for example, if that helps?

I have no experience with EM or P4 so I may need assistance with the dimensions required (I suspect it’s not just a simple matter of increasing the distance between the brake gear) but otherwise I don’t see a problem

There would be a bit of work to do alternating the drawings and then re-slicing the file for printing but it wouldn't cost you any extra, I’d just ask for a little extra time to make the alternations

Chris

Hope that has answered your question unless I’ve completely misunderstood (which is highly likely)

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Currently the brake rigging is designed for OO gauge, however, I could easily alter my drawings to suit if the brake rigging needed to be moved out for EM for example, if that helps?

I have no experience with EM or P4 so I may need assistance with the dimensions required (I suspect it’s not just a simple matter of increasing the distance between the brake gear) but otherwise I don’t see a problem

Chris

Hope that has answered your question unless I’ve completely misunderstood (which is highly likely)

I don't know about the practicalities of it from your end, but, as an EM modeller, separate brake rigging moulding would be my preference.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• chuffinghell changed the title to GWR Signal Dept and Tool Van Wagon Kits in 4mm
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

There would be a bit of work to do alternating the drawings and then re-slicing the file for printing but it wouldn't cost you any extra, I’d just ask for a little extra time to make the alternations

Chris

Thanks for your reply and pm.

Looking at your underside photo, I would say that moving out the brake gear by 0.5mm each side of the centre-lineshould be OK. P/S4 would need a tad more.  I would be interested in a CC2.

Many thanks.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Thanks for your reply and pm.

Looking at your underside photo, I would say that moving out the brake gear by 0.5mm each side of the centre-lineshould be OK. P/S4 would need a tad more.  I would be interested in a CC2.

Many thanks.

No problem moving the brake gear for either EM or P4 just requires a little time modifying the drawings and re-slicing the model

• Like 1

Good afternoon Chris,

How do I go about ordering please?

Is via a PM to yourself?

Having seen the CC7 on Little Muddle I fancy one of those plus the T3 wagon.

Is there space on the T3 underframe to add any weight please?

TIA.

Cheers, Nigel.

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GMKAT7 said:

Good afternoon Chris,

How do I go about ordering please?

Is via a PM to yourself?

Having seen the CC7 on Little Muddle I fancy one of those plus the T3 wagon.

Is there space on the T3 underframe to add any weight please?

TIA.

Cheers, Nigel.

Hi Nigel, thanks for your interest 

Just send me a PM

As for weight I’m planning on using Deluxe Materials liquid gravity and Hot Rocket glue on mine as I feel this would be the easiest way but I’m sure with a little careful cutting lead sheet could be glued in the many spaces….I’m just lazy 😆

I don’t have a photo to hand of the underside with the floor fitted but this might give you an idea of the spaces available

IMG_0222.jpeg.9bdbd06073645bbb179e9cab3ed1f4cc.jpeg

Chris

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

What type of resin have you used, has it got a degree of resilience?, I'm getting very wary of some 3d printed models due to their resemblance to Brandy Snaps!

Mike.

I think you'll find they don't taste as good !

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

What type of resin have you used, has it got a degree of resilience?, I'm getting very wary of some 3d printed models due to their resemblance to Brandy Snaps!

Mike.

Hi Mike

I use a high definition water washable resin

True that once cured they are quite brittle, in as much as it is very easy to snap bits off if handled roughly

But if you are referring to normal use they are fine

Most damage is caused when removing the supports after the models have been cured, however, removing the supports is a long, tedious and annoying process…..which you don’t have to do because I do it post-curing

Chris

If anyone more articulate than myself has one of my kits would like to comment it may help to answer your question much better

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Hi Mike

I use a high definition water washable resin

True that once cured they are quite brittle, in as much as it is very easy to snap bits off if handled roughly

But if you are referring to normal use they are fine

Most damage is caused when removing the supports after the models have been cured, however, removing the supports is a long, tedious and annoying process…..which you don’t have to do because I do it post-curing

Chris

If anyone more articulate than myself has one of my kits would like to comment it may help to answer your question much better

I have the CC7 van, lovely kit (if kit is the right word for so few parts & requiring little work!) of an unusual prototype - something I'd be unlikely to have any other way.  Yes, the material is brittle, but the bodywork is noticeably thicker than your average RTR or injection moulded wagon and feels robust.   I think that's the explanation of why some models don't come out strong enough in 3D printing, though Chris's choice of resin is obviously also relevant.  I don't see a problem with this one as long as you don't anything stupid like dropping it on the floor.

The NEM mounts are on the tight side and at one end when fitting the coupling I managed to break the mount by applying too much force to the Tension Lock - my fault, I should have done a little work with a file.  But as I don't anticipate wanting to remove couplings in favour of some other type of coupling, I resolved the problem with glue.

Very pleased with it, and even though GWR Departmental stock is very much Rule 1 for me, I would be ordering the other two wagons as well if I hadn't already overspent my modelling budget recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

The NEM mounts are on the tight side and at one end when fitting the coupling I managed to break the mount by applying too much force to the Tension Lock

When you originally mentioning the tightness of the dovetail I changed the drawings

I was also made aware of the steps being a little delicate so I have since changed these too

I do listen 😊

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 07/07/2024 at 11:20, chuffinghell said:

The bits that I ended up breaking (one brake hanger and the steps) were due to me being ham fisted. Both were easily repairable with a spot of superglue.

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, 57xx said:

The bits that I ended up breaking (one brake hanger and the steps) were due to me being ham fisted. Both were easily repairable with a spot of superglue.

The rods between the V hangers are now pre-installed…

IMG_9223.jpeg.0eb44ca0a953cc8dc9d27cff72d48720.jpeg

….and the steps have also been ‘beefed’ up a little

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 28/07/2024 at 17:49, chuffinghell said:

I’ve decided to attempt an O gauge version of the CC2 just for fun

Well I'd be interested, where do I find more details of your kits? Got here via Little Muddle so I'm quite confused!

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, w124bob said:

Well I'd be interested, where do I find more details of your kits? Got here via Little Muddle so I'm quite confused!

All the kits currently available are as listed on the first page of this thread

For more information please feel free to send me a PM

Chris

• Like 1