Crosti 9F Tender

kelsh003

Hi all,

I have recently managed to acquire a Hornby Crosti 9F, R3756 weathered. It has the incorrect tender but my plan was to source a replacement for it.

I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get one of them, or had one they could send/sell to me?

Attached is a picture of the loco with correct BR1B tender.

All the best.

Henry

51OXyAuB+8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that. I would have to weather that one myself as the 9F is a dirty one.

Would a Bachmann tender with a Hornby model?

6 minutes ago, OFFTHE RAILS said:

There's one on UK eBay today - the listing title is "Bachmann OO Gauge 9F Class BR Black Early Crest - Tender ONLY"   - £30 plus postage

Good Luck !!

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, kelsh003 said:

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that. I would have to weather that one myself as the 9F is a dirty one.

Would a Bachmann tender with a Hornby model?

I’m sure it would fit with a little modification to either the chassis or the Bachmann tender body. 

It's actually just the body I need, the replacement tender isn't bad it's just missing the rear guard for the coal bunker as in the photo 

17196704895907569079264125242378.jpg

3 hours ago, stewartingram said:

A small piece of plasticard would fix that.

I thought of that, but if you look at the photo of his tender and the original on the first photo you will see they are different. I checked on my one and it is the same as the first photo. The original tender was a Railroad type with moulded coal, the one he has is the type where you can add your own. The dome is also too far back.

I'm honestly not sure where the replacement tender came from, but I have temporarily added a "fixed" back to where where that coal bunker rear should be. Still on the hunt, will potentially get a Bachmann weathered tender body to see what I can do with it

25 minutes ago, kelsh003 said:

I'm honestly not sure where the replacement tender came from, but I have temporarily added a "fixed" back to where where that coal bunker rear should be. Still on the hunt, will potentially get a Bachmann weathered tender body to see what I can do with it

Have you got a picture of the whole tender so someone can recognise it. I am wondering if it is one off a Britannia.

9 minutes ago, ColinB said:

Have you got a picture of the whole tender so someone can recognise it. I am wondering if it is one off a Britannia.

This is the tender, I've since applied the decals 

2 hours ago, kelsh003 said:

IMG_20240701_174725043.jpg

IMG_20240701_174729891_HDR.jpg

I checked my latest Evening Star (9F) and Anzac (Britannia). It appears to be the tender off a 9F, the same as Evening Star but missing its front and back steps. I am sure someone on here knows more than me. So it is the right tender for a 9F but not this model.

Decided to cut my losses since a pristine one came up for sale and sell on this one. Added fix transfers to tender, crew in cab and the loco does run like a dream. Tender chassis is from a Hornby 6MT Clan.

If anyone does fancy it please let me know.

IMG_20240703_212657733_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240703_212647111.jpg

IMG_20240703_212634057_HDR.jpg