New announcement 19 June 12.30pm

Paul.Uni

1 hour ago, scottrains29 said:

What's happened to the Collectors Club? I didn't get any discount the last time I bought direct. Has this been dropped?

The club is rather pointless if the discount is no longer there.

I got extra Hobby Points. Double I think, and that was on top of the Double Points offer!

Make sure you are signed into the Collectors Club when making the purchase as well as your account.

Jason

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, didcot said:

Hornby have won the tender to run Flying Scotsman for the NRM. Due to enter the works for the motion and wheels to be gold plated.

I thought Scotsman was gold plated..

Everything related to that loco seems to have a Scotsman added tax.

I’d understand if they were shaving bits off, for that gold plated model, original gold made  genuine Scotsman Moneypit and unicorn powder.

It could be a Flying Scotsmans 2024 Edition, an empty box as the loco is on vacation this year.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

It's the capsule range (well we haven't heard anything about that for a while and as the Annual Report is due soon they'll need some news for that).  On the other hand it could perhaps be EP or 3-D print examples of a GWR 'Saint'.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

HO scale HST in Mexico and African liveries?  I have seen Hornby come up with dafter ideas....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

HO scale HST in Mexico and African liveries?  I have seen Hornby come up with dafter ideas....

Ive got an LNER HST set in Blue, thought about renumbering one as 43007…

However now I need to rip its nose off and stick a Nissan on front.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 6

6 hours ago, SteveM666 said:

Perhaps an announcement to scrap TT120 and focus on their core OO products.😏

And why would they scrap TT:120 true to scale/track ratio in relation to 00 on H0 gauge track.  Obvioiusly another anti TT post, and yes I do model 00 toys  trains on H0 track like many others.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

They're bringing forward the TT:120 EE Type 3 in transitional Green, all that "steam" is actually cold start clag.... 🤪

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

11 minutes ago, irishmail said:

And why would they scrap TT:120 true to scale/track ratio in relation to 00 on H0 gauge track.  Obvioiusly another anti TT post, and yes I do model 00 toys  trains on H0 track like many others.

Did you not see the 😏?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

Whatever it is you can bet be wrong shape or wrong colour 

cheers Craig 

Or the wrong number of rivets....

Synchronised smoke and sound for OO Black 5 and P2 and Flying Scotsman loco  courtesy of the driving axle fitted opto-sensor partially? fitted to P2 and the new Black 5. Automatic running option from A to B with mm accuracy stop using same sensor to be added to HM7000 decoder at a later date.

• Like 1

Am I correct in thinking that at the time of the January announcement there was an implication of another one coming mid year?

Could this be apart of a phased movement to quarterly announcements- Jan/Summer for OO and Spring/Autumn for TT?

Just a thought

Les

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

An announcement about an announcement?

New range of 3 rail Hornby Dublo steam locos,

Or a new O gauge model of Flying Scotsman

(Free clock with Gold plated version) 

New battlespace models, with DCC sound..

All new transcontinental range,

Brand new TT models of Polly, Connie and Nellie 

It's got to be a live steam in OO and TT🙂

• Funny 5

3 hours ago, didcot said:

Hornby have won the tender to run Flying Scotsman for the NRM. Due to enter the works for the motion and wheels to be gold plated.

Who's won the rest of the loco? 😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

1 hour ago, Les1952 said:

Am I correct in thinking that at the time of the January announcement there was an implication of another one coming mid year?

Could this be apart of a phased movement to quarterly announcements- Jan/Summer for OO and Spring/Autumn for TT?

Just a thought

Les

Hi Les, Mike did say on the April 2 2024 TT:120 launch video to " continue keeping our eyes peeled (or whatever it was that was said? Something along those lines) as you'll never know when the next announcement/announcements will be." I'm sure that whatever the June 19 2024 announcement will be unveiled, we'll all probably be around 99.9% wrong as to what the announcement will be guesses wish listing etc!

Hopefully it'll be incredible but whatever it'll be, it still will be exciting and interesting! As I am still amazed at the seating cushion cover detailing on the recent decorated sample of the LNER Coronation Observation car! at a quick glance it looked like gold nuggets but when I focused on it more clearly the Instant upholstery patterns on the fabric was visable and outstanding!