Class 60, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I think this livery appeared on a Hornby release but if it appeared either as an exclusive or tie in with one of the service charities or even for inclusion in run 2, I would certainly be tempted:

60040 “The Territorial Army Centenary” (seen here at Didcot - my photo)

IMG_0023.jpeg.f07ee307436e07fd621e036353e03178.jpeg

I know 60021 already appears in GBRF livery but I’d like to see it released in its previous Colas livery, I had a chance to ‘cab’ it when it visited Reading TCD for fuel.

IMG_0025.jpeg.9dfd0b266be799c3064f2ce3bbf92c13.jpeg

Edited by Banger Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, meld said:

Chaps at Rails,

60006 to go with 60033 too please ?

Meld

Have to admit, I would have thought 60006 'Scunthorpe Ironmaster' would have been a better sales bet, given Hornby only ever did 60033 (R3051) and people may want to supplement that one.

Given it is a Rails special, perhaps it is more closely linked to them, so it really was their choice to make.

I am still tempted myself though as I really do like these newer models that have been coming out, though I still appreciate the Hornby model I already have.

Who knows, maybe 60006 is on the cards for a future release, or maybe even one for Cavalex to cover, with an alternative DCC Sound file to make double heading more interesting!

Great looking model though Accurascale/Rails!

Certainly looks the part and hope it sells well - will decide if I get (another...) one too soon!

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Apart from the quality of the model….on the crest of the outstanding success of the “tidying up “ of the class 66….consider the complete tour de force of marketing skills involved here.Holding back the clientele in a steady drip feed of goodies. Until…etc by some kind of dramatic twist of fate…I read the email today from the seat of a Voyager 221 enroute to Newcastle whilst slowing down for its Sheffield stop ….passing Rails Chesterfield Road premises . 

Edited by Ian Hargrave
spelling
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 28/06/2024 at 12:29, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

Yes, another one of our 60s is revealed, this time a special edition in British Steel for our Steel City friends at Rails.

Some images to whet the appetite... 

60033whww1.jpg.7031eaf37e2dbb4d206142b699788ea3.jpg

Railsexc-2(1).jpg.5911d506979c8790fcf05e382820bdfd.jpg

e8a9ad77-d773-41fe-882a-3f26223661a0.jpg.a0090571588b0c230ce85e0d0afa8332.jpg

Full details and ordering info on the Rails of Sheffield website!

DC/DCC Ready: https://railsofsheffield.com/products/accurascale-acc303260033-class-60-60033-tees-steel-express-ews-british-steel-blue-diesel-locomotive?

DCC Sound Fitted: https://railsofsheffield.com/products/accurascale-acc3035-dcc60033-class-60-60033-tees-steel-express-ews-british-steel-blue-diesel-locomotive-dcc-sound

Cheers!

Fran 

I hope the blue sunburst effect is used on the box artwork !!!

This loco looks a very cool blue !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Accurascale said:

Absolutely! For only £169.99 😆

A bit high for a box! Any chance you could throw in a top-quality Class 60 loco to sweeten the deal?

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

A bit high for a box! Any chance you could throw in a top-quality Class 60 loco to sweeten the deal?

I'm not sure it would be a sound deal, but would be ready to consider it?

• Funny 3

Sorry to be a dunce, but how many exclusives are there left to reveal now please? Only asking as I'm holding off pre ordering any until I know which ones there will be 😉 

Many thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Colas and EWS are my preferred liveries. The DB Schenker / DB Cargo never so.

BUT.......

this would be a 2nd purchase for me if it were to be produced.

DB Steel 60062 - Barrow

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Colas and EWS are my preferred liveries. The DB Schenker / DB Cargo never so.

BUT.......

this would be a 2nd purchase for me if it were to be produced.

DB Steel 60062 - Barrow

That is a Cavalex/Rails Exclusive if you fancy the competition but if not then you may have to wait whatever time period for Accurascale to do it...the choice is yours.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 minutes ago, classy52 said:

That is a Cavalex/Rails Exclusive if you fancy the competition but if not then you may have to wait whatever time period for Accurascale to do it...the choice is yours.

Oops,

Apologies, didn't realise.

(Thanks for the heads-up)

Edited by Damo666
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Accurascale said:

I'm not into Sam's Trains but thousands of people are and that video must count as one of the cleverest and most positive r-t-r marketing presentations of the decade (so far).  Well done Accurascale, and Sam - and I don't even like the 'sheep-rail' livery!

• Like 7
  • Agree 4

Took me by surprise, and the subtle changes Sam made to his presentation, including the frequent 'this is a pre-production model' comments.

Next he'll be looking for that house to pull down!!

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I'm not into Sam's Trains but thousands of people are and that video must count as one of the cleverest and most positive r-t-r marketing presentations of the decade (so far).  Well done Accurascale, and Sam - and I don't even like the 'sheep-rail' livery!

Model trains is the domain of the older gent it would seem and Sam has a huge worldwide following on the net,its the future........like it or loath it, but it is good to have younger faces take on keeping the hobby going once the hoodie with the scythe takes our generation to Valhalla.The running on the carpet does raise ones eyes but its a valid test i guess, i tend to want to make my own mind up rather than what others think,hey ho.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Beautiful model for sure!

A great move by Accurascale to work with Sam. Disclosure, I like Sam and enjoy his videos. I disagree with him on a few things (seeing weight as a proxy for quality, his views on prices are a bit out of touch IMO and some of his comments about rip offs unwarranted and unnecessary) but I find him an engaging and likeable presenter and his videos are well produced and useful. I find much more to like than dislike, and he is quite an accomplished modeller. However, what I think isn't the issue. He has a big audience and working g with him is a great way to pro.ote the model. Great stuff all round.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4

A lot of his comments must resonate with a wide audience, or we wouldn't be talking about this...

...now back to the 60, which I had no interest in buying until I saw this mechanism....the problem is.....how much can I get for my Hornby Class 60s 2nd hand...?

Edited by letterspider
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Like it or not, Sam is good at reviewing locos even if you don't like his style.

His review convinced me to go for a 2nd Class 60, Cavalex + AS

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A very clever move by Accurascale boys to increase visibility of their model viz a viz the competitors . 

I watch Sam’s trains regularly and was very interested in this . 60 not really on my shopping list but at end of video I though mmm this looks good . Surprised the packaging was also designed , suggesting that the model had been being developed for some time . 

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• Accurascale staff
On 29/06/2024 at 17:52, vanbasher said:

Sorry to be a dunce, but how many exclusives are there left to reveal now please? Only asking as I'm holding off pre ordering any until I know which ones there will be 😉 

Many thanks in advance. 

Hi @vanbasher,

We have one more loco left to reveal that tbh has been hiding in plain sight. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @vanbasher,

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

13 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @vanbasher,

Cheers!

Fran

Thank you Fran, I should have remembered it was the DCR one 🤦🏻‍♂️ I think I'll get my exclusive pre ordered then in that case. 

Thank you very much again. 

• Thanks 1