Class 60, By Accurascale

I'm a little half and half with all the mods stuff.  Accura seem to be able to achieve an excellent price while incorporating detail changes which is excellent for the 'details' modeller.  I'm not sure I'd notice that much though tbh and a good all round representation would work for me in any livery, except where mods really change the 'face' of a loco.  Hats off to Accura though for managing to do both - details and good value.

• Agree 2

• Accurascale staff
5 minutes ago, Pendle Forest said:

I'm a little half and half with all the mods stuff.  Accura seem to be able to achieve an excellent price while incorporating detail changes which is excellent for the 'details' modeller.  I'm not sure I'd notice that much though tbh and a good all round representation would work for me in any livery, except where mods really change the 'face' of a loco.  Hats off to Accura though for managing to do both - details and good value.

A big part of the point of details aside from accuracy and attention to detail and respect for the prototype and those who built and maintained them, is the sheer joy when you can have three ‘identical’ locos on your layout and each is still distinct and individual. For us, each model should bring joy on its own and be something a little special. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, McC said:

A big part of the point of details aside from accuracy and attention to detail and respect for the prototype and those who built and maintained them, is the sheer joy when you can have three ‘identical’ locos on your layout and each is still distinct and individual. For us, each model should bring joy on its own and be something a little special. 

It wasn't a criticism and I hope it didn't come across in that way

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Just sat and watched the announcement video- Steve clearly loves his class 60's (was Steve involved in the graham farish one while at Bachmann). I had no idea there were so many modifications over the years. I knew what the announcement was but they teased so many different locos at the start- very naughty!!

The Hornby model has always been lauded as one of their best but if they have been chucking any old livery on the same tooling then the models have been inaccurate but then I never noticed so is it a huge crime after all.

The Farish 60 predated me but I was well aware of the limited tooling for previous 60 models. 

The biggest joy for me to put across on the video was to share the timeline of class 60, allow people to possibly learn a thing or two and be able to make their own mind up. 

Like you say, some are small and some are larger differences. Lima actually had 2 of the 3 roof options, just not the later one. For the first time, we are able to correctly produce any class 60 with the right bits at any point of its life. Hopefully our information will allow people to draw their own conclusions about what is important to them. I will be producing another video soon with all the models and all the details relevant to each once we have the exclusives in the public domain!

Regards

Steve 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, rob D2 said:
14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Totally off topic but I saw a HEA at Didcot station the other week… That was a surprise, as it was still serviceable, it had a 66 attached.

Was it attached or just buffered up ?

last traffic for those , there , IIRC was sea dredged gravel for B&Q from s’ton to Scotland , but finished about a decade back

It's not in traffic. It's a long term cripple, and is dumped with other cripples. I'm in Didcot yard later in the week so will try to take a look.

Jo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Was it attached or just buffered up ?

last traffic for those , there , IIRC was sea dredged gravel for B&Q from s’ton to Scotland , but finished about a decade back 

Yes that one seemed to be an odd late addition to the DB wagonload network, with about 4 HEAs tacked onto the back of Eastleigh-Didcot-Mossend services and southbound returns for a few months 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I'm really looking forward to the Accurascale class 60 and will certainly be buying a few.

I currently have about 10 Hornby class 60's and still think they look great, especially weathered up. The Hornby 60, despite it's age, is still one of their best models and has far more detail and features (opening doors etc) compared to their recent d&e models (67,87,91 etc) with next to no interior cab detail.

Although the Hornby model will not be as good as the other two It'll be interesting to see a line-up and comparison of the three manufacturers' class 60's all together.

The difference between each of the three oo class 66 models is huge with the Accurascale one way ahead.

What I find odd is that Hornby are still selling theirs for £224 dcc ready. I think they'll need to reduce theirs to less than half this to shift them. Perhaps they could try factory weathered versions too.

I wish all the manufacturers well and think there is room for all three, giving us a choice of liveries, just at a realistic price point for each model.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, scottrains29 said:

What I find odd is that Hornby are still selling theirs for £224 dcc ready. I think they'll need to reduce theirs to less than half this to shift them. Perhaps they could try factory weathered versions too.

Presumably the tooling has long since been paid for, so the only actual costs to Hornby are the manufacturing and distribution costs. I wonder how low they would be willing to go on price? And how quickly their factory can churn out a batch? They've got form with trying to spike the guns of a new model, with the class 66 and Hattons. Presumably they also own the old Lima class 60 tooling, if it's still usable. Maybe they'll make a Railroad class 60. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

I’m happy that both Accurascale and Cavalex models are doing the 60. I own various locos and wagons from both and think that both are on par with each other. Also still own 10 Hornby class 60’s which won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. Think it’s great to have abit of competition and gives us modellers great choice and variety. Saves me a job of renumbering locos when liveries are duplicated on all parties. Have a Cappagh 60028 on preorder and a GBRf 60021 - so it’s all down to which produces what I fancy rather than choose a specific manufacturer. Though I am a little surprised no one has announced a plain red tug with full DB Schenker branding… yet! Also waiting for 60065 in its current guise (though I guess with a little of the ‘M’ word could be achieved with what’s been announced)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, McC said:

Ahh like a wife and two au pairs….:)

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Ahh like a wife and two au pairs….:)

Ohh la la!

Madame Edith and two waitresses perhaps?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

18 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Ohh la la!

Madame Edith and two waitresses perhaps?

Madame Edith would be a bit Lima but she would have the advantage of being readily talked out of crtiicism of too many locos. 🤣

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Madame Edith would be a bit Lima but she would have the advantage of being readily talked out of crtiicism of too many locos. 🤣

I'm not sure how well it would work with wives or girlfriends when buying more class 60s if you start with the words, "You stupid woman ..."! 😆

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SRman said:

I'm not sure how well it would work with wives or girlfriends when buying more class 60s if you start with the words, "You stupid woman ..."! 😆

Ahh - but think about the breathless groans of "Ohhh, Rrrrrrene"!! from the waitresses! 😍🥰

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Funny 3

• Accurascale staff
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

First And Last - Announcing The Accurascale Exclusives Class 60s

600012.jpg.d61684451f0b59711d16a74ce645e7eb.jpg

Our all new locomotive announcement of the BR Class 60 Diesel locomotive last Friday really took the hobby and industry by storm, with modellers talking about little else.

We announced 7 main range locomotives, but also teased a glimpse of a couple of exclusive models, two of which we are now announcing!

We thought what better way to celebrate the class than to bookend them, with 60001 in the condition it left the works in back in 1989, featuring never before done details in model form, and 60100 as it is today under DB ownership.

ACC289960100-01_13fa75ef-48dc-4012-b5ba-022921ff0d7f.jpg.43893f1f2e97afc402599808f25817d2.jpg

Check out our short announcement video below where Accurascale Class 60 Project Manager Steve Purves documents the detail highlights of these two locomotives, beside the real ones at DB's Toton Traction Depot. Click on the pic to play the video!

Both locomotives will be available in limited numbers and in special presentation packaging that you have now come to expect with our Accurascale Exclusives range. They are available direct only via our website for the same great price as our main range; £169.99 DC/DCC ready and £269.99 DCC sound fitted.

Pre-order yours below for delivery in Q1 2025!

Pre-order here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-60/accurascale-exclusive_exclusive

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

56 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Ahh - but think about the breathless groans of "Ohhh, Rene"!! from the waitresses! 😍🥰

CJI.

That resulted in five minutes of forgetting about the Class 60s! Those rolling Rs!

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

That resulted in five minutes of forgetting about the Class 60s! Those rolling Rs!

My post amended as per your lurid suggestion! 😛

CJI

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, E100 said:

Will 60001 have etched cabside arrows / plates?

It certainly will

In fact all models will, where relevant.

Regards

Steve 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

First And Last - Announcing The Accurascale Exclusives Class 60s

600012.jpg.d61684451f0b59711d16a74ce645e7eb.jpg

Our all new locomotive announcement of the BR Class 60 Diesel locomotive last Friday really took the hobby and industry by storm, with modellers talking about little else.

We announced 7 main range locomotives, but also teased a glimpse of a couple of exclusive models, two of which we are now announcing!

We thought what better way to celebrate the class than to bookend them, with 60001 in the condition it left the works in back in 1989, featuring never before done details in model form, and 60100 as it is today under DB ownership.

ACC289960100-01_13fa75ef-48dc-4012-b5ba-022921ff0d7f.jpg.43893f1f2e97afc402599808f25817d2.jpg

Check out our short announcement video below where Accurascale Class 60 Project Manager Steve Purves documents the detail highlights of these two locomotives, beside the real ones at DB's Toton Traction Depot. Click on the pic to play the video!

Both locomotives will be available in limited numbers and in special presentation packaging that you have now come to expect with our Accurascale Exclusives range. They are available direct only via our website for the same great price as our main range; £169.99 DC/DCC ready and £269.99 DCC sound fitted.

Pre-order yours below for delivery in Q1 2025!

Pre-order here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-60/accurascale-exclusive_exclusive

Cheers!

Fran 

Ordered both in DCC Sound. 😊👍👍👍

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 1

Just now, zr2498 said:

Can I assume there will be more exclusives. I was hoping for the DC Railfreight?

Seem to recall they said that there were 4 exclusives coming.

• Thanks 1