Railway Modeller subscription

• RMweb Gold

Here in norn iron we used to have Easons which was great for mags but it was closed by the pandemic, in the north, so now it's Tesco's for RM and fortunately so far I've not missed getting a copy every month 🤞

• Like 1

Eason's have gone down hill. Was in Athlone last week only very small selection of mags and no railway related ones at all.  At one time they used to have all the main UK model and prototype mags and also Model Railroader too.  

Sometimes it may be easier to drive to Enniskillen to buy a copy. lol 😁

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, irishmail said:

Eason's have gone down hill. Was in Athlone last week only very small selection of mags and no railway related ones at all.  At one time they used to have all the main UK model and prototype mags and also Model Railroader too.  

Sometimes it may be easier to drive to Enniskillen to buy a copy. lol 😁

There's a big Tesco's in Enniskillen!

Yes I was in Easons in Carlow a couple of weeks ago and thought their magazines selection was pretty thin 😕 

• RMweb Premium
On 10/08/2024 at 16:52, irishmail said:

The replacement July copy arrived yesterday, still no sign of the August copy.  September one was out on Tuesday.  When I phone Peco to enquire about the delays in delivery the response is they will send a replacement issue out,  and dont really seem to be concerned about the delays.  I now have two copies of the June and July issues!  Possibly  end up with two August copies to when they eventually turn up.

My replacement copy of the July issue arrived today, so I too now have two (one "news stand" cover, one "subscriber" cover). No sign of August yet though.

As the problem isn't confined so a single country or, indeed, region, it seems that Peco have a fairly significant problem with the distribution system.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

My replacement copy of the July issue arrived today, so I too now have two (one "news stand" cover, one "subscriber" cover). No sign of August yet though.

As the problem isn't confined so a single country or, indeed, region, it seems that Peco have a fairly significant problem with the distribution system.

My 'Subscribers' August copy arrived yesterday (September was out last week) and there is a replacement on the way too.  It all seems to have changed from the April copy, as previosly my printed copies arrived within two weeks of publication, now it is more like six weeks. 

Peco are obviously now aware of the problem with distribution, so hopefully they can get it sorted. 

• Informative/Useful 1

My September issue arrived today along with the replacement August copy. I See that it was posted via Royal Mail and not some other shiping firm this time. Hopefully Peco/Railway Modeller have sorted out the postage problems.

• Informative/Useful 1

Mine arrive from all over the place: NLPost, Norway, to name a couple ............................ September hasn't arrived yet. I'm not expecting it for at least a week.

Edited by Philou
additional info
  • Friendly/supportive 1