Little Pod Street

Andrew P

4 hours ago, sjrixon said:

Great seeing things running... Amazing progress! Enjoying this.. 

Hi Scott, Cheers for that, I already have some more running in the can, but want to do some more work on the layout before putting it all together. Cheers again.

• Like 1

A small but significant change to the Warehouse area this morning. I decided I needed the spare siding to be about 3 inches longer to take the MOD Train that Ian, @Temeraire had given me, I can now also use it as a loading area.

SO, As it was going to be.

IMG_1706.JPG.c1b7446f134e206b9610b792b7c2e84b.JPG

And now.

20240627_134310.jpg.cf0bcba510fbd387e2531833dee39a7e.jpg

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Coming along nicely Mr P, is that Class 122 BR rail blue bubble car route learner still in its box ??? 🤭

Yes it is, 😁 and probably still sitting on your Kitchen worktop waiting for you to build a Layout around it.🤣

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy

Found you again!!!.

I was watching the old thread for a link to our new one but it didn't seem to arrive but accidentally stumbled on your latest video on You Tube so I've been catching up on where you are. I can see you are really excited about this build and I have to say what you've done so far in the space available is very impressive.  Looking forward to each new update. I am sure there are many hours of shunting to be had on this. 

You don't even need a platform for your bubble car - just run it into the depot for refuelling! 

Paul 

10 hours ago, pwr said:

Hi Andy

Found you again!!!.

I was watching the old thread for a link to our new one but it didn't seem to arrive but accidentally stumbled on your latest video on You Tube so I've been catching up on where you are. I can see you are really excited about this build and I have to say what you've done so far in the space available is very impressive.  Looking forward to each new update. I am sure there are many hours of shunting to be had on this. 

You don't even need a platform for your bubble car - just run it into the depot for refuelling! 

Paul 

Hi Paul, Cheers, I cant add to my signature, as there are so many on there, Andy Y used to do it. Yes there is still progress and another Video and pics will be out soon. I did some Video the other day, but was coughing so much, it was lots of short takes with no commentary. 

Normal service will resume soon.

Cheers for your comments, and I still DONT POSSESS a Bubble Car, (thank goodness).

Andy.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Not that I'm wishing to tell the bloke who's built more layouts than I've had Caviar de Esturion Ruso sarnies washed down with a mug of Chateau Lafite-Rothschild 2005, but, couldn't you lighten up on the wiring to the rail connections, apart from being easier to hide on a flat board it makes the soldered connection neater too?

Mike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Not that I'm wishing to tell the bloke who's built more layouts than I've had Caviar de Esturion Ruso sarnies washed down with a mug of Chateau Lafite-Rothschild 2005, but, couldn't you lighten up on the wiring to the rail connections, apart from being easier to hide on a flat board it makes the soldered connection neater too?

Mike.

Bon we monsieur, Yes your right of course, and normally I would have, but at the time I was low on thin wire and had plenty of thick stuff. Once I have gone around again the the hot iron and tidied up the soldering, and then weathered the rails, it wont be seen, (I hope) but its not a show piece, its just for home use and a few pics / Vids on here now and then.

Your input is appreciated Mike, and has made me more determined to tidy it up soon.

Cheers Bud.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Its time for an update.

Over the last few weeks I have been busy with the wiring, 4 x 12 way terminal blocks connecting the 2 halves of the Layout to the control Panel, = 48 terminals  = 96 screw connections and = 96 solder connections to the back of the Panel. PLUS I have fitted Bi Coloured LED for the Signals and a white for the Feather to the Fiddle Yard exit.

Here is the final result, and more pics / film in the Video that will be up shortly. 

IMG_1811.JPG.291a8f53eca40818259bd74c3e26ecbb.JPG

IMG_1811-Copy.JPG.f1bf3cc06f08ef144a287cea8e874acf.JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

ITS GONE.

No it hasn't = Kevin has taken away the Warehouse for modification.

When he was here last I was saying about its width and the fact that the Track I really wanted as the Loading Bay line ended as a short stub due to the depth of the building = SEE PIC 1 RIGHT HAND TRACK.

20240627_134310.jpg.99433e15799f567876e1aae854066b96.jpg

SO, Kevin suggested we / he cut it in half for low relief to overcome the issue. This means my building will only be 70mm deep instead of about 140 ish. He has now done this and I have given him half for his Layout. I'm colleting my half on Wednesday.

In pic No1 above, the Track next to the platform is now slewed to the left, and the short stub on the right has now been extended to be the new Loading Bay line.

Here are the 2 halves together my half on the left and Kevin's on the right pictured on Kevin's "Millway Dock" Layout. 

20240715_164827.jpg.805db9a777019b831974a9b6c5c88f84.jpg

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

6 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

That’s wot friends is for!

Paul.

Hi Paul, Yes indeed, and on Wednesday he will also treat me to a Breakfast at the local greasy spoon, 😅 I do the same when he drives down here. 👍. Looking forward to a good day out, IF it stops raining before then as it's an hours drive each way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

@Andrew P have you been moonlighting with Cindy Wilson & the Glenn Philips band

image.png.14113dec30b5b3a3582ac921ab9c7765.png

Goodness me, it does look like me and my gigging attire, also looks an interesting Band. Sadly NOT ME but  Cheers anyway Buddy.

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

I think the smaller your layouts go when space constrained the more interesting you make them, a bit like St Budoc

Cheers, St Budoc and Loch Leven were 2 that I had in mind for inspiration when first faced with the smaller space. Had Bachmann announced their new 0 / 16.5 Welsh Quarry range 6 Months earlier, who knows what might have appeared in these pages. Haha.😅

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Nice to see you back up and running trains Andy. The layout is coming along nicely.

Paul

Thanks Paul, Watch this space, I have just filmed Vid 6. 😃

• Like 1