Little Pod Street

Andrew P

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

It's already looking like a worthwhile layout.

David

Hi Dave, Thanks very much. I have been off the boil for some time now, but really feel like I want to get started, and now have a worthwhile project to get my teeth into. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Have you ever considered a Geep or two, this layout looks very suited to the other side of the Atlantic too.

Deffo don't do any passenger facilities on this one, it would look well out of place I think.

AND, Most strange you should mention the other side of the Atlantic. The 80's Stock I bought came from a mate who is now doing just that, so cutting back on his British stuff. I have had an American Layout many moons ago, back in the days long before the likes of Bachmann etc, and all we had was Hornby and Lima. I bought a couple of American Locos and was amazed. 

NEVER SAY NEVER, Haha.

Defo no smellies.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

So its time for an Up Date, and some pics and a description for those that don't want to watch the 2 minute Video.

All the Points are in, and wired to droppers and work, but I haven't decided what sort of switching / Panel to do yet.

Next job will be the feed droppers and then I can run some Locos on the Videos.

The Concrete sleeper track represents the Main Line and leads to 2 dummy Fiddle Yards that could be used at Exhibitions, if the Layout was sold to someone that way inclined. The third line to the left will go to my Home Fiddle Yard.

IMG_1640.JPG.a6a7c5438d4d7739657adcdf1ab29725.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG.585faaa7f1aaba7e0ad415e13e81281b.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG.42fa8fba48dc1f6b489f09f37fec65fb.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG.03531977ee7061693ec5a7ac83ef893b.JPG

And now for the short Video.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Yo Andy mate, are you slowing down, normally you would have trains running, altered the track plan (twice), added a platform for the bubble car and sold it by now?

Looking forward to the first change to the original idea.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

38 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yo Andy mate, are you slowing down, normally you would have trains running, altered the track plan (twice), added a platform for the bubble car and sold it by now?

I had similar thoughts 🤣.

But do we actually know when Andy made the video, for all we know he’s built it, run trains, done the scenics and sold it.

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Easy Tiger, there has been just one point moved to a different location, but that was to save me buying an extra Point, you know how mean I am.

Still no signs of weakening for smelly passengers yet though.😄

And NO, not SOLD yet either. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I had similar thoughts 🤣.

But do we actually know when Andy made the video, for all we know he’s built it, run trains, done the scenics and sold it.

Haha, I'll show a date stamp on the photos next time, so you guys don't need to worry. BUT looking forward to actually getting some Trains running.

I have a big week with the Band, 6 new songs to learn, Rehearsals Mon and Wed, and then a Gig on Friday, so probably no more work on the Layout this week.

Cheers again. A.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Posted (edited)

Haha gigs and groupies!

He’s forgotten us nerdy railway modellers, we come last 😃

We will be getting tales of beds being thrown from windows in Travel Lodges next.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Funny 4

4 hours ago, David Bell said:

Great to see you up and running again. Will watch with interest. And of course should you go the Scottish route even better!

Cheers

David

Cheers David, So far I have indulged in a 20, 25 and 26 in Blue, and may go for the Headlamp 26 as well. I do like them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy it's nice to see the POD is sorted and up running. Looking forward to watching your new layout build and as always great videos explaining your build.👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Hi Andy it's nice to see the POD is sorted and up running. Looking forward to watching your new layout build and as always great videos explaining your build.👍

Cheers Kevin, and just in time for Video No 3.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

SO, Video No 3, at last. NO PICS to accompany this one I'm afraid as there is to much to explain, but its all in the short Video, so I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers and back again soon.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking good.
That warehouse is just screaming to say “MIDLAND RAILWAY GOODS WAREHOUSE’ in faded white lettering!

Paul.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Another informative video Andy. The layout is progressing nicely 👌 

Thanks Kevin, Well chuffed so far. Cheers.

• Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Looking good.
That warehouse is just screaming to say “MIDLAND RAILWAY GOODS WAREHOUSE’ in faded white lettering!

Paul.

Spot on Paul, I'll need to have a look into doing that. Great idea, Cheers mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

Looking great Mr P.

Love the addition of the warehouse. Lends additional height to the scene which is very effective.

Cheers

David

Thanks David, yes, not thought about that but you are right, it certainly does. Cheers.

Time for another update, = There will be a Video along later along with some running, but in the meantime, just some pics of this weeks progress.

The Road Bridge, = LITTLE POD STREET, is now in place. Just using some Wills cast offs from my friend Kevin, / @Hampshire Hog 

IMG_1701.JPG.8ee9f47e215005f2172706bbdc3324e3.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG.e5182addd34dd6e2537b9c178b7429ba.JPG

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

And the Portacabins and Drivers "signing on, training room Toilets" office building for the Yard.

IMG_1704.JPG.697d3e7b42696055a50c76e6384f5d56.JPG

IMG_1705.JPG.f988fae30fc2969680ca82f62b55a0d7.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13