Little Pod Street

Andrew P

On 16/07/2024 at 18:49, David Bell said:

Videos coming thick and fast now! Great stuff!

Cheers

David

I collected the Warehouse as planned today, so another Video could well be on the cards very soon, but very busy tomorrow so maybe not until Friday ish.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ess1uk said:

Like the look of this one 

Cheers Buddy, I hope you've managed to start something, but if you have, I cant seem to find it yet, any details yet please?

Video 6 was a good one Andy - nice to see realistic movement on the layout. At far too many exhibitions we see toy train running with 200mph shunting and immediate reversing with no time allowed for the driver to engage forward or reverse and I could go on!.

On a different tack and if you don't mind me saying, I think that fence behinds the steelworks siding is too close to the track. If the driver got out that side at best he would have a high voice and at worst could impale himself on the uprights! 

Keep up the good work. 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 minutes ago, pwr said:

Video 6 was a good one Andy - nice to see realistic movement on the layout. At far too many exhibitions we see toy train running with 200mph shunting and immediate reversing with no time allowed for the driver to engage forward or reverse and I could go on!.

On a different tack and if you don't mind me saying, I think that fence behinds the steelworks siding is too close to the track. If the driver got out that side at best he would have a high voice and at worst could impale himself on the uprights! 

Keep up the good work. 

Paul

Hi Paul, Cheers, and for the note about the fence. All part of their Driver Training,  = Don;t get out that side, Hahaha.

• Funny 1

On 17/07/2024 at 19:55, Andrew P said:

Cheers Buddy, I hope you've managed to start something, but if you have, I cant seem to find it yet, any details yet please?

Nothing happening here.

your warehouse looks good 

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, ess1uk said:

Nothing happening here.

your warehouse looks good 

Sorry to hear that Buddy, DON'T GIVE UP, there is so much talent there.  I'm thinking of another MICRO about 4ft to run my Blue Diesels on, like Yard or Depot, poss just 2 points etc. Have a think. even if its N Gauge, I had my 6ft x 2ft Glenfinick = 

GlenfinickJune2013132.JPG.cc61825fdac8ea1f12284830b95d2144.JPG

GlenfinickJune2013110.JPG.b077113ae41f00063924ea17ac980a02.JPG

GlenfinickJune2013060.JPG.18c06cd1c97a94f6d43c2e9a2f89c522.JPG

GlenfinickJune2013080.JPG.293319beb009e65411c454e912d1442a.JPG

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, pwr said:

That's neat Andy

You hid the bodges very well

Paul R

King Bodgit, now I really must get on and do that Video. We are playing Wed and Thursday night and 2 new songs to include Gimmie Shelter / Stones and Freebird / Lynard Skinard. 

I have done some more bits like fitting the KADEE magnets and testing the coupling tails to ensure the heights are right and not fouling.

There will be a Video soooooooooon. I promise.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon Andy,

First time on rmWeb in a few months, life keeps getting in the way. Glad to see you’ve got started with the layout, looking good mate.

Rich

• Like 1

On 20/07/2024 at 14:18, Andrew P said:

Have a think. even if its N Gauge, I had my 6ft x 2ft Glenfinick = 

Ah, Glenfinick - that layout is on my "I WANT THAT LAYOUT!!" list!!! ☝️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🥳🥳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Afternoon Andy,

First time on rmWeb in a few months, life keeps getting in the way. Glad to see you’ve got started with the layout, looking good mate.

Rich

Don't worry, I keep diving in and out as my interest comes and goes.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Ah, Glenfinick - that layout is on my "I WANT THAT LAYOUT!!" list!!! ☝️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🥳🥳

You might still see it around as the owner lives near Swadlincote, which I think from memory is not far from your neck of the woods. I know I've see you at Nick Palett's  Armitage shows when I lived up that way.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

You might still see it around as the owner lives near Swadlincote, which I think from memory is not far from your neck of the woods. I know I've see you at Nick Palett's  Armitage shows when I lived up that way.

Yes I was aware you no longer own it, and yes I took a couple of layouts to Armitage, & helped out a few other times there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon Andy, I hope all is well with you.

I just thought that I post a picture of your favourite ex employee.. 😁 He is still loitering with no real intent of doing any work....

IMG_6257.jpg.a02817f2c5e22a1e44d7d8d6db9f32c5.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Afternoon Andy, I hope all is well with you.

I just thought that I post a picture of your favourite ex employee.. 😁 He is still loitering with no real intent of doing any work....

IMG_6257.jpg.a02817f2c5e22a1e44d7d8d6db9f32c5.jpg

He's a good man, I hope your feeding and watering him. A drop of REAL ALE also goes down a treat so I'm told. Cheers for the pic and love the LL 31'S

Well I'm back, after another hibernation, and another short Video Up Date for your pleasure, (or not, as the case may be).

I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 16

On 02/08/2024 at 18:16, Andrew P said:

Well I'm back, after another hibernation, and another short Video Up Date for your pleasure, (or not, as the case may be).

I hope you enjoy it.

Great work Andy 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...