HOP 21/HTO/HTV, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Just terrific news- I’ll be adding a few sets of wagons to my Parkside builds. Plenty of 5-rib hoppers were vacuum braked too - I guess an option for future releases.

Neil

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Downendian,

Having seen your post about kit building some recently I had my "well, there is the chap who finished their kits just in time for us to frustrate them with our announcement!"

Sorry!

Fran 

#Metoo

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Downendian,

Having seen your post about kit building some recently I had my "well, there is the chap who finished their kits just in time for us to frustrate them with our announcement!"

Sorry!

Fran 

Not a problem Fran - I still need more! I’ve enjoyed building them but they are not for the faint hearted, and can be made into a decent rake with a lot of effort. I’ve just ordered 2 sets of HTV rebodied 1/147s. I’ve still another rake to assemble as these were bread and butter rolling stock in the 1970s. Parkside kits are wonderful, but the price differential between your excellent wagons and a kit is not too big, and doesn’t factor in time and Anglo Saxon expletives when building them.
Neil

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

wow - been waiting for HTV’s, but wow the price. Look good though but £500 for just 15 when I’d need 30 for a decent string like we used to see in Kent..thats a grand

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, 33212 said:

wow - been waiting for HTV’s, but wow the price. Look good though but £500 for just 15 when I’d need 30 for a decent string like we used to see in Kent..thats a grand

The alternative is that you build the Parkside kits PC77 and PC78 (around £15 plus p&p normally £4). Then there’s paint, glue, transfers (if you want to bespoke them which you’ll need to do in a large rake)  on top of that. Time is the critical factor for many, and my rakes have taken (a conservative estimate) at least a hundred man hours probably more. I’m still resolving running issues with a few now so I’m still not there yet. The alternative  Accurascale product is £27 a wagon, I think that’s a bargain. I’d also forgotten the loyalty discount which I may use to buy some more HTOs.

Neil

Edited by Downendian
  • Like 6
  • Agree 5

These have probably been my biggest want in RTR for years, I can't wait for these to arrive!

I'm hoping that consideration for the LNER builds and rebodies with the LNER brake has been made for future variations.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hello Accurascale and everyone

Congratulations on the announcement of a clearly popular hopper!

For reasons I can't recall, we only the listed the vehicles as HTO/HTV under the Freight:1964-current category in The 00 Wishlist Poll, where they were Middle Polling in 2022 (the last Poll to run before we run again near Christmas this year).

I suspect they would have been a lot higher up the echelons had we listed them as Diag.1/146 etc in the Freight 1948-1963 category.

We wish Accurascale every success with the project!

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 7

Very excited to see these, especially the rebuilds! These are just the thing to replace the old Dapol ones on my 1970s Rawtenstall coal train -- luckily (based on photos) the average rake was only 12-13 wagons, so I wouldn't need that many. Looks like I know what next year's birthday/Christmas money is going toward!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Downendian said:

Just terrific news- I’ll be adding a few sets of wagons to my Parkside builds. Plenty of 5-rib hoppers were vacuum braked too - I guess an option for future releases.

Neil

Me too!!  To be fair though, these have all been in this unfinished state for far too long...some more varieties for the future too perhaps...

Mark

DSCF0924-2.jpg

DSCF0922-2.jpg

DSCF0932-2.jpg

DSCF0917-2.jpg

DSCF0923-2.jpg

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Posted (edited)

I have to say I'm soooooooo excited by this announcement! I've been badgering Fran about these wagons since the first time the lads were at Warley, I believe. Yet another model to cross off my "things I want to buy in rtr but nobody makes" list. Expect to see a rush on rust coloured paint when these models arrive!

It must be my day today as the dealer has just called me to say my new car has arrived. If only I could pick up the HTVs next week too.

Now then boys, how's about that tamper. I mentioned...

Best wishes

Kevin

Edited by apollo 079
Typo
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Mark C said:

Me too!!  To be fair though, these have all been in this unfinished state for far too long...some more varieties for the future too perhaps...

Mark

DSCF0924-2.jpg

DSCF0922-2.jpg

DSCF0932-2.jpg

DSCF0917-2.jpg

DSCF0923-2.jpg

These look very nice 🙂

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent! Now where did I put that lump hammer? I've got a bunch of Parksides that need smashing into pieces. I'm not into replacing stuff just because a newer model comes along but those Parkside 21-ton hoppers need to be put out of my misery. They look perfectly acceptable but I've yet to build one that stays straight and true and keeps all 4 wheels on the rails. Every time I run the train there's at least one derails somewhere along the line.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

18 minutes ago, Ruston said:

I'm not into replacing stuff just because a newer model comes along but those Parkside 21-ton hoppers need to be put out of my misery. 

Cutter's torch at Charlie Strong's?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

“In our first release of this much requested wagon, we will cover the Diagram 1/146 5-rib hoppers in their unfitted guise and the 1/147 and 1/149 rebuilt 2-rib bodies both with and without vacuum braking.”

I know this is excellent news, but Accurascale’s news release doesn’t tell us what years these started being made in real life.  Were the Diagram 1/146 5-rib hoppers in their unfitted guise first produced in 1948? or 1958?  Could someone give us a rough timeline, please?

John S

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Downendian said:

Not a problem Fran - I still need more! I’ve enjoyed building them but they are not for the faint hearted, and can be made into a decent rake with a lot of effort. I’ve just ordered 2 sets of HTV rebodied 1/147s. I’ve still another rake to assemble as these were bread and butter rolling stock in the 1970s. Parkside kits are wonderful, but the price differential between your excellent wagons and a kit is not too big, and doesn’t factor in time and Anglo Saxon expletives when building them.
Neil

You've done some proper modelling though up until these ones come out and that's one of the best bits about the hobby. It's proper absorbing and fun and I feel just the same way about my Class 40s. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Great stuff Fran, I reckon a set of 3 unrebuilts will be needed for Cwmdimbath.  Nicce change from the Hornby model, which was pretty good when it came out.

• Like 1