Hornby TT:120 HAA wagons

Porfuera

Posted (edited)

I thought I'd start a thread on these - they can't be too far away now (famous last words...)

According to the online shop, the current livery options are as follows:

TT6013/A/B BR Railfreight, running numbers 351134, 351135, 351136

TT6014/A/B BR Coal Sector, running number 354496, 354497, 354499

I rather like the sectorisation liveries so I'm looking forward to these. It is a bit of a shame that AFAIAA there won't be any sectorisation-livery locos to go with them for a while - I'll have to make do with the green Class 50 for now unless I decide to pluck up the courage and repaint something like a Class 37 or a Class 31 later!

I have no idea whether these running numbers are accurate for the wagons they're supposed to be representing. It probably wouldn't bother me if they aren't correct, given that the lettering is generally too small for me to see unless I use some pretty intensive magnification.

The metadata dates on the shop pages for these seem a bit odd - TT6013B (Railfreight) and TT6014A (Coal Sector) both say 12th June while all the others are saying 3rd July. I would have thought that all 6 livery options would turn up together so I imagine one (or both!) of these dates will change. Having said that, the Mk3 coaches arrived in two separate batches so who knows?

Finally a couple of images to whet the appetite - these are from a Train Terminal from July last year. There are much better photos out there from various shows but I didn't want to plagiarise anyone's photos so I thought these would do for now...

HAACoalSector.jpg.760b75f4d70dd27f4be3395bf536c331.jpg

haarailfreight.jpg.86e6ed8308b24af50e6850119572183c.jpg

EDIT: the coal sector wagons in the photo above have hoods whereas the ones in the shop photos don't have them, so these photos a probably a bit out-of-date.

Edited by Porfuera
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Calimero said:

Wonder if the hoods will be removable?

Interesting thought. I can't remember hearing anything one way or the other but looking at the photos above there does appear to be a slight difference in the fit of some of the hoods (although that might be my imagination or wishful thinking!) but I'd think they'd be easier to mould if the hoods were separate. Plus you'd only need one mould for the hopper body but then you'd need another for the hood - swings and roundabouts, I guess...

Does anyone know whether the hoods are removable in other scales?

Edited by Porfuera

• 3 weeks later...

The product availability dates on the shop pages for two of these HAAs (TT6013B Railfreight and TT6014A Coal Sector) are currently showing 19th June while the other four HAAs are showing 3rd July.

It will be interesting to see whether two of these wagons (or more) become available on the 19th or whether the 19th June dates get put back to July to match the other four.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2024 at 17:41, irishmail said:

Strange how it keeps changing,  last time I looked they were all showing July 😕.  

I can't say I noticed that, at least not recently. For example in my first post on 22nd May they were showing 12th June and 3rd July - presumably TT6013B (Railfreight) and TT6014A (Coal Sector) got delayed by a week somewhere given that those two are still showing the 19th (the day after tomorrow!)

And someone on the Hornby forum has posted to say that he had a chat with Carl at some point and from that he thinks that the hoods may be detachable and that both livery variants may come with hoods:

https://community.hornbyhobbies.com/forums/topic/35926-haa-hopper-wagons/?do=findComment&comment=387046

I'm not so sure - I think the Coal Sector variant with the hood might just be a livery sample. But either way we may know soon!

• Like 1

The dates for TT6013B (Railfreight) and TT6014A (Coal Sector) HAAs have been updated to tomorrow I.e. the 20th June.

The dates for the other four HAAs are still 3rd July.

• Like 1

Looks like the coal sector ones have been put back till 20th December now unless I have read the data wrong!  IT/Computing not my strong subject lol. 😁

<meta property="product:availability_date" content="2024-12-20T09:30:25+00:00">

Posted (edited)

At 11:30-ish I received my two we-can't-process-your-payment emails for two HAAs (I ordered in Feb last year and the card has since been replaced), and once that was sorted I quickly received the your-pre-order-has-arrived emails.

A quick check of previous orders seems to show that the shipment notification from CCL and DPD's we're-expecting-your-Hornby-Hobbies-parcel emails will take a further 24 hours and then the wagons are generally delivered the day after that so I guess I'm looking at Tuesday before these arrive, given that there is a weekend in between.

Edited by Porfuera
  • Like 2

These arrived earlier today - very nice, plenty of detail, a good weight to them and they seem to be very free running although I haven't had the chance to test them properly yet.

The chassis detail is different on the two sides so the photo shows one of each side (not easy to see as the light isn't very good - sorry about that).

The hood look like it is removable because I can see a thin sliver of daylight at one end between the body and the hood, although it seems to be quite firmly attached - I'll probably wait for the remaining four to arrive next month before I try and remove them in case one of the other Railfreight ones is easier to remove.

2024-06-25_4HAAssnip.png.aa9ce5f4e5b6482613a15e78ba0edfba.png

• Like 5

On 19/06/2024 at 14:47, Porfuera said:

The dates for the other four HAAs are still 3rd July.

It looks like the date for the remaining four HAAs has slipped a couple of days - the current date is 5th July.

• 2 weeks later...

From a quick check of the shop pages, these seem to have slipped by another couple of days or so to Monday 8th. Not a problem - a few days here or there don't matter!