Caley "Pug" vs NBR Y9?

Always loved these little locos, and would like a Y9 in 7mm.

Slaters do the Caley version, so how much difference is there between the two, and is a conversion feasible?

I can't give you information on the comparison, but attach 3 pages of the Slater's CR pug instruction leaflet, showing the beginnings as an industrial pug, then both CR & NB.  Sorry, don't know how to rotate them.image1.jpeg.ea5a3079390e5f37017020301d234cf2.jpegimage1.jpeg.ea5a3079390e5f37017020301d234cf2.jpeg

image0.jpeg.9d750f563f147a0ff5f17e8ceaff9bc4.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The NBR version was more like the industrial one, the main differences being chimney and cab as far as I can see.

I have drawings of the NBR loco from October '67 Model Railway News, which I won't post here but would be happy to PM you.

• Like 2

I think the Industrial version the kit is based on is Kelton Fell.

You can probably see the differences between the two here. I assume it's got an etch for the earlier cab. The drawing above suggest so.

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/neilson-co-works-no-2203-ncb-no-13-kelton-fell-0-4-0st/

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/68095-nbr-42-lner-9042-br-68095/

Jason

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

What's the mighty beastie to the right of it, please?

It's a long boiler Manning Wardle, never actually built but there were drawings!

Edited by Barclay
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Barclay said:

The NBR version was more like the industrial one, the main differences being chimney and cab as far as I can see.

I have drawings of the NBR loco from October '67 Model Railway News, which I won't post here but would be happy to PM you.

Yes please.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2024 at 23:04, duncan said:

Sorry, don't know how to rotate them.

Doesn't everyone simply turn their latpop on its side, handy devices with a screen settable at right angles to the keyboard. How I loved my first potlap for this capability when the internet was young and there wasn't the s/w to spin scans of 'the problem' around...

On 20/05/2024 at 15:41, Barclay said:

Received, with thanks, but my device "can't open this file"

🤔

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 20/05/2024 at 15:27, Barclay said:

Industrial version to complete the set!

Photo9.jpg.b14b680fba8be1991c861c0dcd63af04.jpg

Excellent Pug! I'm thinking of tarting up my example, and the NBR style cab looks much better, imho, than the existing one. How did you mod the firebox? And the slide bars?

Cheers, 

Mark 

Edited by 2996 Victor
  • Thanks 1

Hi - I've added a link to the build thread, but, basically, the firebox is a new one from brass sheet, and the slidebar/crosshead arrangements on the Branchlines chassis didn't look too clever so I made a new crosshead from some square brass tube flattened slightly and soldered to the small end.

Edited by Barclay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Barclay said:

Hi - I've added a link to the build thread, but, basically, the firebox is a new one from brass sheet, and the slidebar/crosshead arrangements on the Branchlines chassis didn't look too clever so I made a new crosshead from some square brass tube flattened slightly and soldered to the small end.

That's brilliant, thank you! Both mods make such a difference to the whole look of the loco.

Cheers, 

Mark