• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

As the title suggest every now and then I get warping in my resin prints. Although I can post print mainly straighten it using a heat gun I was wondering if there's a magic cure to stop it, or is it simply an unwanted product of the process of 3-D resin printing.

I exclusively use ABS like resin as in most cases I quite like the slight flexibility it gives, but is this a double edge sword inasmuch it can contribute to the warping?

Edited by PhilH

Resin shrinks as it cures, so keep a uniform wall thickness throughout as a minimum, and add ribbing in large flat areas. Uneven thicknesses shrink at different rates - hence warp. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

100% ABSLike for small details.

mix for bodies

Longer exposures

Seems to be more stable

• Thanks 1

I use Anycubic water washable resin.

Print, thoroughly wash, drain off, dry (airbrush with nothing in), cure and then remove supports. I have not noticed any warp-age.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Curing with the supports in place will help that, but not something I'm a fan of due to the risk of breaking bits off when removing supports.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the replies. I did as suggested in the first reply and basically left a print which included fairly long flat pieces overnight to dry (I too have an old airbrush and compressor which I use to start the drying process) then cured it. At the moment it seems to be as flat as a pancake so we shall see.