Lodi Lokstore digital DCC automation

19 hours ago, RvSwol said:

The question is difficult to answer.

I was an iTrain user for many years.

But with the scale increase from HO ( 1:87 ) to O 1:45, the requirements also changed.

The subsequent total transition to British model railway 0 1:43. was even more dramatic .

I was completely fed up with my German layout then sold everything labelled "Lenz " to Hattons and the rest at auction. 

The decision to continue with Windipet and stop using iTrain lies in the fact that I wanted to have more control over the driving process.

A very important point was . stopping and turning on a turnout instead of compulsory driving to the adjacent block behind the turnout.

iTrain is a versatile programme.

But not for me at the moment.

Who knows iTrain version 6 may come more to my liking. 

kind regards 

Rupert 

As melmbry rightly says stopping on a point and turning is possible in TC, I wouldn’t be surprised if I train can also do it.

There is a bit of confusion regarding points in a block, it all depends on your view point, in TC you can’t add a point to the block image box but you can add the point just outside the block image and set up the occupancy to include the point. Doing this I would suspect achieve stopping and turning on the point in TC.

the beauty of I train and tc that there are many ways to achieve the objective you desire 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The problem is, every iTrain evangelist says,  it can be done, but to this day has never been proven that it could.

It could also be,  that my wishes are not common.

And the programmer is not going to spend precious time there to make it possible.

It could just be that the software design and philosophy needs too much tweaking to make it happen. 
So I prefer to stick to a DIY construction like Windigipet  and yes there are software bugs here too.

The windigipet evangelists ( mostly Germans ) call that  bugs , "Software with Character".
There is still plenty of choice of driving software . But in time I think Traincontroller will disappear first, just like Railware+

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Andymsa said:

you can add the point just outside the block image and set up the occupancy to include the point. Doing this I would suspect achieve stopping and turning on the point in TC.

That's how I did it, the length of the point is included in the adjacent block and I arranged braking and stopping points accordingly.

The uncoupling and subsequent moves activated using a macro.

I would imagine you could also probably do it using flagmen and some logic.

Edited by melmerby
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...