Class 73 - number transfers/lights

Hello,

I have a Dapol class 73 I wish to renumber, I haven't done a diesel or electro diesel before so I'm not familiar with transfers suppliers...

I was looking to renumber but haven't found anywhere that does the BR Blue

E 6040 number..

Could anyone point me in the right direction?  As I can only find later private owner groups like gbrf ect..

Also would anyone happen to know if any lighting mods exist to up date the lighting on the front as I think they were fitted with light clusters on the fronts. 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

If you are modelling it in BR days with the E number, the only lighting was the headcode panels. In much later days, most of the surviving E-Ds got a high intensity headlight as well, and at least one received a pair of vertical light clusters similar to the WiPAC lighting on more modern diesels and electrics, but not identical.

In real life, the forward headcode blind would be illuminated in white. If a tail indication was needed, for light engine movements or when pushing a train such as a 4TC unit, the rear blind would show two red rectangles.

Suitable numbers to make up the numbers you want could come from Fox Transfers or Replica Railways, and possibly Railtec among others. Avoid ModelMaster as they seem to have big problems.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Bluebell Model Railway said:

Hello,

I have a Dapol class 73 I wish to renumber, I haven't done a diesel or electro diesel before so I'm not familiar with transfers suppliers...

I was looking to renumber but haven't found anywhere that does the BR Blue

E 6040 number..

Could anyone point me in the right direction?  As I can only find later private owner groups like gbrf ect..

Very simple. If it's literally just ready-made numbers you need:

4mm-9990

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3186

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

Posted (edited)

All my BR renumbers (steam & diesel) have been through Railtec custom numbers. Top quality as always. Which reminds me that I need to make an order ...

Edited by MattR
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, railtec-models said:

Very simple. If it's literally just ready-made numbers you need:

4mm-9990

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3186

Thanks Steve, i've been looking to renumber one of my Dapol Class 73's to an E number using your transfers, as i'm fed up of having to do individual numbers using HMRS transfers, and not having them line up. For some reason I missed these on your site.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2024 at 17:04, Geep7 said:

Thanks Steve, i've been looking to renumber one of my Dapol Class 73's to an E number using your transfers, as i'm fed up of having to do individual numbers using HMRS transfers, and not having them line up. For some reason I missed these on your site.....

Not a problem. Happy to help decent people with their modelling. Life's too short to be lining up individual digits!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, railtec-models said:

….Happy to help decent people with their modelling…..

He helps annoying customers like me too 🤣

Thanks Steve

• Funny 1