Freemo americaN materials and practice

I think I have found my ideal medium in Freemo americaN.

It would fit my ideas well, industrial and ST (Shelf Table) makes it possible to build short line sections first and attach to a 'main' later on.

I may get some end plates cut at a laser shop to keep in stock for builds.

https://www.fremo-net.eu/en/american

https://www.youtube.com/@BRND1966/videos 

I discovered Panguaneta poplar throughout ply is used for some commercial laser cut benchwork, I thought it might compare to Baltic Birch for stability. Has a builder tried this as an alternative to BB?

What isn't too clear is the ply end plate standards for the industrial and ST Modules.

Has anyone here made such modules and have any pictures?

It's worth noting that Fremo and Freemo are related but different standards from Europe and North America respectively. There are pros and cons to both.

Any exterior ply should be suitable. Interior ply isn't structural and will eventually absorb moisture from the atmosphere.

The end plate standards for industrial modules ("americaN industries") are deliberately vague. The standard says "There is no explicit faceplate with a given width or a specified track position on the module. The track is laid directly to the “ground” without roadbed." There are lots of photos of such modules online but I can't find any of them under construction!

I don't like using 18mm BB ply on the ends and clamping, it's a huge extra expense when bolts and dowels are low cost. 12 mm seems enough.  The thought of messing up good wood is horrifying, better to practice on economy sheets.

I do like the use of foam tops, as you can work both down and up with little carpentry effort, but may keep that for 'main' sections.

I can get marine ply for a bit more than standard, with the intention that it wont absorb moisture and the glue will be better.   I had a lesser sheet from the same supplier and it a had a huge split in the centre between the plys :

It seems to be the china factor :/  Malaysian and others have a better reputation.   

It looks like the industrial/ST sections are built in a 'T' or 'U' shape with endplates to join.  Ought to be simple to use in a cookie cutter configuration for the tops, cutting out slight curves and using them as a template to laminate on thin sides.   I really don't like the 'rectangle' approach that seems commonplace in the hobby.        

Annoyingly I don't see an email address to ask the Germans who came up with the European standard for any details.  I could join the group to ask a question I guess, but it seems that I would be the only module owner here!