The Desirable Minimum

After "finishing" my other 7mm layout Wilne Lane Yard

I decided to try and build a true micro consisting of only one point in the "tuning fork" style. Inspiration came from some photographs in an old MRJ showing an old mill yard in Newport Pagnell. Dimensions are 42 inches by 14.5 inches. Trackwork is also Peco O gauge, buildings are a mixture of Fair Price Models and scratchbuilt.

Photos show a sequence from beginning to where I am presently.

IMG_20230316_114106.jpg

IMG_20230914_170546.jpg

IMG_20240127_150556.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I was expecting this to be good as I started scrolling down.

I was not disappointed!

I particularly love the entrance. Thanks for sharing.

regards

James

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, marc smith said:

Looks superb @alant - really glad I logged on to RMweb and spotted this today. Excellent work sir

Thanks @marc smith Are you still playing bass, I am still playing but not as much now days.

3 hours ago, alant said:

Thanks @marc smith Are you still playing bass, I am still playing but not as much now days.

No worries re the compliments sir - it's a great looking micro layout.

Yes, I'm still playing bass. In fact, I'm busier than ever, in 4, sometimes 5 bands, plus an occasional folk club trip / jam. Way way too busy actually! lol I'm playing a mix of genres, and playing almost as much upright as bass guitar. I'm enjoying it more than ever - but perhaps it takes a bit too much of my time..... hence a lack of modelling output from me these days. But at my age, I realise the rock & roll lifestyle probably isn't going to last too much longer - so I'm making the most of it now.

I can always play trains when I'm too old & creaky to go lifting amps, cabs and double basses around ;) 

• Like 2