Larkrail International Festival of Railways and Byways 2024

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

Good job the beards didn't mesh.........Velcro is tricky enough to separate at the best of times. 

Interesting visit to A&E had they done so. 

"Well Matron, I  was at a model railway show when........." 

Rob

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Kylestrome said:

Alternatively:

Beatles!

Stones!

BEATLES!

STONES!

Or, more pertinently perhaps:

Hornby!

Tri-Ang!

Hornby!

Tri-Ang!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 15/07/2024 at 09:59, Captain Kernow said:

I have been authorised by the two subjects depicted below, to publish this photo and invite captions:

20240713_121401.jpg.733917e8966e4757410040872df601c5.jpg

#it started with a kiss#

exactly why you should never ask for hot chocolate at a model railway show

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Lovely footage, Callum, many thanks for that.

And hit the like and Callum might get a few pence from YouTube to say thanks for his efforts too. We may as well support those who provide good records of shows over the ones doing self promotion 😁

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

And hit the like and Callum might get a few pence from YouTube to say thanks for his efforts too. We may as well support those who provide good records of shows over the ones doing self promotion 😁

Regrettably, as I don't have a YouTube account (and don't plan to get one) I can't leave a "like" but, rest assured, I did like it!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Good thinking Paul, I have just done that, and also shared Callum's wonderful video to my own Facebook page.

Jerry and I are really pleased and flattered that Callum not only visited the show, but invested both his time and considerable talents to produce such a terrific record of the day.

The whole thing was really quite a magical experience. Taking everything into account we feel quite blessed, to be entirely honest....

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Regrettably, as I don't have a YouTube account (and don't plan to get one) I can't leave a "like" but, rest assured, I did like it!

Neither do I but by going on to YouTube separately and then finding Callum's video I was able to leave a like and subscribe.

Andrew

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Sitham Yard said:

Neither do I but by going on to YouTube separately and then finding Callum's video I was able to leave a like and subscribe.

Andrew

Nope. Tried that. Still can't leave a "like" without subscribing.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 19/07/2024 at 11:23, Not Jeremy said:

Good thinking Paul, I have just done that, and also shared Callum's wonderful video to my own Facebook page.

Jerry and I are really pleased and flattered that Callum not only visited the show, but invested both his time and considerable talents to produce such a terrific record of the day.

The whole thing was really quite a magical experience. Taking everything into account we feel quite blessed, to be entirely honest....

Thanks ever so much for the kind words regarding the video guys! Really means a lot. Always a pleasure to visit and document such a wonderful show. Really is scary when you count up the hour spent editing and other things, so its great to hear the end results are much appreciated. 🙂 

One again, well done to all involved and looking forward to the next!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SDJR7F88 said:

Thanks ever so much for the kind words regarding the video guys! Really means a lot. Always a pleasure to visit and document such a wonderful show. Really is scary when you count up the hour spent editing and other things, so its great to hear the end results are much appreciated. 🙂 

One again, well done to all involved and looking forward to the next!

You know that you've put on a decent show when you see it's been "Callumed".

These are excellent records of memorable days out and are lovely to look back on. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Maestro. 

20240713_110302.jpg.f5a526b17a0ac54d8386495694c84fe1.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Allegro.

Bless Ewe! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, exmoordave said:

One of the worst cars ever manufactured.........

But probably an ideal subject for a Car Maintenance & Repair evening class...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

But probably an ideal subject for a Car Maintenance & Repair evening class...

Or preferably a demolition derby. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

They used to leak so much into the boot a local dealer offered a free goldfish with every purchase.  Or was that free Allegro with every goldfish sold...?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, exmoordave said:

One of the worst cars ever manufactured.........

My 1300 must have been the exception that proved the rule.  Two and a half years, 54000 miles, commuting weekly between Plymouth and Winchester and all it cost me, apart from go juice, was a set of tyres.  Part ex'd it for nearly as much as I paid for it!

John

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mike_Walker said:

They used to leak so much into the boot a local dealer offered a free goldfish with every purchase.  Or was that free Allegro with every goldfish sold...?

A friends parents had one. It had holes drilled in the floor to let the water out. You also had to cover the holes with your feet to stop splash back from big puddles! Mind you they’d done the same to their mini as that had rotted out in various places too. 

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 20/07/2024 at 10:25, SDJR7F88 said:

Thanks ever so much for the kind words regarding the video guys! Really means a lot. Always a pleasure to visit and document such a wonderful show. Really is scary when you count up the hour spent editing and other things, so its great to hear the end results are much appreciated.

I always love your show videos. Being in the U.S., they're the closest I'll get to seeing a real live British railway modeling show -- makes me feel like I'm actually there. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

7 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Allegro.

I saw one lose a front wheel on the Birmingham inner ring road once. Not just the wheel; the whole assembly - brake disc, caliper, hub & stub axle, all in one...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1