Huge N gauge Steelworks layout at Wemfal Lille 9 March 2024

All in the title.

There was a new Arnold 14100 in the vicinity of this layout (unsurprisingly) but last seen in bits on Trains 160's table (hmmm...)

20240309_162440.jpg

20240309_162514.jpg

20240309_162524.jpg

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 9

On 11/03/2024 at 08:57, JeffP said:

Model steelworks are often interesting, but never anywhere near dirty enough😁

That is an interesting point about modelling aesthetics. I see a fair few layouts where the modellers have sought to add a lot of authentic grime on tracks, ballast etc. Colliery and other industrial layouts are an obvious case in point. But I often feel they just make the layout look like a grubby mess. Maybe it is just me, but I prefer seeing a layout of any sort in a "clean" state, if I can put it that way. 

5 hours ago, ianp said:

That is an interesting point about modelling aesthetics. I see a fair few layouts where the modellers have sought to add a lot of authentic grime on tracks, ballast etc. Colliery and other industrial layouts are an obvious case in point. But I often feel they just make the layout look like a grubby mess. Maybe it is just me, but I prefer seeing a layout of any sort in a "clean" state, if I can put it that way. 

I agree to a certain extent.

Even a blast furnace needs a certain level of tidiness around it,  not just grime, for the sake of efficiency

7 hours ago, ianp said:

There's definitely a balance to be struck. 

There's at least one layout that I'm familiar with that looks like a dogs dinner ........

...... after the dog's thrown up!

John P