accurascale Domestic and International Shipping

• Accurascale staff

Good afternoon all,

Working closely with our carrier and fulfilment partners, and having acquired an extensive preorder pool recently from our dear friends at Hattons, (as well as a lot of tools, more anon on that), we've extended, simplified and reduced the costs of our shipping options, as below: We would welcome any and all feedback,

Domestic UK Delivery

We provide free shipping throughout the UK on all orders

Based on your preference you can choose at Checkout

• Royal Mail 48 Hour Tracked up to 2Kg service is FREE
  • Royal Mail 24 Hour Tracked up to 2Kg is available at £2.50
  • DPD 24 Hour Tracked for all weights is FREE

Shipping to UK Offshore Islands is included in the Standard rates

• Geurnsey
  • Isle of Man
  • Jersey

European Union

Delivered at Place (DAP) which means you will pay VAT at your local rate at Import (but no Duty) when the goods arrive in your country

• Orders up to £100 are charged at a flat rate of £4.95
  • Orders over £100 are FREE

Rest of World

For the following countries, we offer both Royal Mail International Tracked and DPD Air Classic, at or below cost. Rates are calculated at checkout dynamically.

• Australia
  • Canada
  • New Zealand
  • South Africa
  • USA

Rest of World unspecified countries are shipped at cost, using DPD Classic Air Freight, which is a secure tracked service with a typical transit time of 3-7 days.

• £ 9.95 base rate
  • £ 4.50 per 500g over the first 1kg

Please note that if you order pre-Orders and in stock items in the same order, all items will be held and shipped together unless you get in touch and request otherwise. Splitting deliveries may incur additional cost.

Edited by McC
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I am happy with your current service, as mentioned above except the Royal Mail.

Due to the value of the products, the ability to choose the delivery date or deliver to a pick up point is very useful. Royal Mail despite offering the service, don't actually do it and this week for example, I stuck a note on the front door for the postman to deliver the next day. He told me that the notification system doesn't work so he delivers on the day it arrives. He doesn't get divert, chosen date, or deliver elsewhere info most of the time. Great postmen, just crap organisation!

Perhaps ability to tag order with preferred deliverer?

• Accurascale staff
15 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Perhaps ability to tag order with preferred deliverer?

DPD has been our primary carrier now for about 12 weeks, you have to specifically choose Royal Mail at checkout if you prefer that options, here's what it looks like in the checkout screen

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 17.39.54.png

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff
8 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

Vice different carriers how about a pre order system that doesn’t let “new” orders of the same product that’s been pre ordered and paid for get dispatched first? Seems a tad poor to prioritise “new” money over old…

All orders ship in Date Paid order, always has, always will, but we do have 8 pick lanes now, so sometimes orders can 'skip the queue' a little but only by a day or so. Hope that helps! (Also, we don't take any money down on preorders at all any more, so there is no 'old' money on the new ranges) 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

It seems a lot think the day they pre order is what gets them dispatch priority but when its paid fully has to make most sence to Accurascale and any other company,thanks for clearing that Stephen,the way some go on its life or death to have things instantly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

DPD has been our primary carrier now for about 12 weeks, you have to specifically choose Royal Mail at checkout if you prefer that options, here's what it looks like in the checkout screen

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 17.39.54.png

My 2021 pre-order mk2bs are Royal Mail , the rest are DHL

• Accurascale staff
Just now, reddragon said:

My 2021 pre-order mk2bs are Royal Mail , the rest are DHL

While some legacy orders will still be showing the shipping options that were available when the order was placed, the order shipment itself will go out with DPD unless you would prefer royal mail in which case reach out to the support team

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Excuse me if I come across a bit thick, but, I have 5 31's on pre-order, paid for at different times. Does that mean they will all get posted separately, or can I have them sent in one box?

It seems a bit daft, to me at least, that you would have to pay 5 lots of postage, where as only one lot of postage could be paid for, which I hope would work out cheaper for you.

Again apologies if I have misunderstood MCC's post.

• Accurascale staff
24 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Excuse me if I come across a bit thick, but, I have 5 31's on pre-order, paid for at different times. Does that mean they will all get posted separately, or can I have them sent in one box?

It seems a bit daft, to me at least, that you would have to pay 5 lots of postage, where as only one lot of postage could be paid for, which I hope would work out cheaper for you.

Again apologies if I have misunderstood MCC's post.

Orders are shipped as you ordered them, so if you have five different order numbers, by default they'd all ship individually. If you want orders merged, ask support and we can do that too - bear in mind that some services also have weight limits, but our support guys can certainly help with that if you want a single parcel (bear in mind the 31's are also coming in three batches due to the enormous size of the run)

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McC said:

Orders are shipped as you ordered them, so if you have five different order numbers, by default they'd all ship together. If you want orders merged, ask support and we can do that too - bear in mind that some services also have weight limits, but our support guys can certainly help with that if you want a single parcel (bear in mind the 31's are also coming in three batches due to the enormous size of the run)

I will drop support a message. Thank you for your reply. I will have to do the same with my 2 class 66's.

• 4 months later...
On 27/02/2024 at 18:08, McC said:

European Union

Delivered at Place (DAP) which means you will pay VAT at your local rate at Import (but no Duty) when the goods arrive in your country

• Orders up to £100 are charged at a flat rate of £4.95
  • Orders over £100 are FREE

Interestingly, it seems the Accurascale suddenly no longer does free shipping for orders to outside the UK. 

• Accurascale staff
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

Interestingly, it seems the Accurascale suddenly no longer does free shipping for orders to outside the UK. 

No changes our end. Exactly the same rates from your screenshot. Spend over £100 and it’s free throughout the EU otherwise just £4.95

Edited by McC
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Accurascale staff
17 minutes ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

That's slightly confusing then, your site says "Free shipping on all orders in UK", also in Dutch. It would be better if the EU was also named.

Full shipping details are in the help pop up and in the cart but as you say it states free shipping for all UK orders. Different rates apply for EU and rest of world. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

That's slightly confusing then, your site says "Free shipping on all orders in UK", also in Dutch. It would be better if the EU was also named.

The very text you quoted says “European Union”, so your statement confused me. 

Roy

On 28/02/2024 at 13:33, McC said:

Orders are shipped as you ordered them, so if you have five different order numbers, by default they'd all ship individually. If you want orders merged, ask support and we can do that too - bear in mind that some services also have weight limits, but our support guys can certainly help with that if you want a single parcel (bear in mind the 31's are also coming in three batches due to the enormous size of the run)

If we do that we are causing your guys extra work, potentially outweighing any saving you might make on P&P costs.  Obviously it's up to you to work out what works most efficiently for you, but I would have thought it would help your profit margin if your software could automatically combine those orders for you.

As it is, I'm very happy with the way my orders to date have been delivered, and I have no preference of DPD vs Royal Mail - we happen to have an excellent postie.  The one carrier I dislike is Parcelforce, but my impression is that the disparity of preferences is largely dependent on the quality of the staff in each distribution point.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Who is your carrier for DAP purchases to the EU, please @McC? I'm pretty sure when I placed my pre-order for two Mk2c the website said DHL. The customs declaration with the goods is sufficient for DHL but not for CTT here in Portugal that will require various "proof of" documents before clearance (it will be CTT here if Royal Mail I used).

That order shows as Standard International €5.95 so my order of €110.27 presumably does not qualify for free postage as it converts to less than £100.

Edited by brushman47544

• Accurascale staff
3 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Who is your carrier for DAP purchases to the EU, please @McC? I'm pretty sure when I placed my pre-order for two Mk2c the website said DHL. The customs declaration with the goods is sufficient for DHL but not for CTT here in Portugal that will require various "proof of" documents before clearance (it will be CTT here if Royal Mail I used).

That order shows as Standard International €5.95 so my order of €110.27 presumably does not qualify for free postage as it converts to less than £100.

From both warehouses the current default is DPD to the EU

• Thanks 1