Swiss Railway Videos On Youtube

Morning all,

I stumbled across this video last night which shows some nice footage of Swiss trains in 1990. There’s about half a dozen or so that have been uploaded in the last 48hrs (at least 3 hours of footage in total!) plus also if you go to the channel, there’s a whole host of videos from a similar era.

Hers the one I watched, well worth putting the kettle on beforehand as you’ll want a nice cuppa while watching these!

Enjoy folks!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Look out for the MITV series "Swiss Railway Journeys" covering many Swiss lines.

Was repeated ad infinitum on Travel Channel at one time.

Here's a sampler of the MOB

• Like 3

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Look out for the MITV series "Swiss Railway Journeys" covering many Swiss lines.

Was repeated ad infinitum on Travel Channel at one time.

Here's a sampler of the MOB

Superb videos and very well narrated. Got me hooked on Swiss railways!

I have the DVD of the Gotthard North journey aboard the Grey Mouse. 

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, cornish trains jez said:

Superb videos and very well narrated. Got me hooked on Swiss railways!

I have the DVD of the Gotthard North journey aboard the Grey Mouse. 

Made by Chris Harnett & Sue Knight (ex BBC IIRC)

MITV closed down voluntarily in 2018 after being virtually dormant for some time, but the content must have been acquired by someone else as the videos are still avaiable to buy on the Swiss Railways Society website: (That's where the sampler is from)

https://swissrailsoc.org.uk/product-category/dvds/mitv/

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Just remebered, I've got the Jungfrau Railways Pt 2 recorded off the Travel Channel, maybe others hiding somewhere on the disk.

Edited by melmerby

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all,

Just spent the best part of an hour watching this little gem of a video. It’s pretty much 100% loco haul heaven. Interesting service at 7:08, an Re6/6 with almost exclusively SNCF stock. If anyone can identify the service it would be much appreciated. Another one to add to the Gelternau roster on my layout if I can hold of all the rolling stock.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cornish trains jez said:

Interesting service at 7:08, an Re6/6 with almost exclusively SNCF stock. If anyone can identify the service it would be much appreciated. 

Looking at the time stamp on the video, and cross referencing it to the 1998 timetable on this excellent site: https://eisenbahn.gerberro.ch/zugbildung/Zugbildung_P_1998-1999.pdf

It would seem to be the direct Paris-Chur train - IC 469. Interesting that the stock seems to feature older couchette vehicles rather than the Corails on Gerberro though. 

Mark

• Informative/Useful 1

On 28/07/2024 at 22:38, cornish trains jez said:

Evening all,

Just spent the best part of an hour watching this little gem of a video. It’s pretty much 100% loco haul heaven. Interesting service at 7:08, an Re6/6 with almost exclusively SNCF stock. If anyone can identify the service it would be much appreciated. Another one to add to the Gelternau roster on my layout if I can hold of all the rolling stock.

Best regards,

Jeremy

That's a nice mix of carriages, not too long and all produced quite recently to a high standard. The only slight downer would be having to split three sets (Piko 94313 and 94328, which don't seem to be available new, and Arnold HN4405)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

How about this one?  I normally find Swiss narrow gauge a bit twee but street running freight is something else!

I’ve got to admit that the ageing man in me preferred the Arosa branch as a rather quaint DC branch with railcars for traction - including for freight. But at least the current motive power makes it easier to model. 

Mark

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening folks.

If like me you enjoy cab rides, then this channel is one of my favourites. Worth checking out. Great for spotting buildings to model and seeing the infrastructure up close from the cab. Plus nice and relaxing runs through the beautiful Swiss countryside.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Agree 2