Rapido RailEx - Friday 27th and Saturday 28th September 2024

rapidoandy

• AY Mod pinned this topic
  • Rapido staff
16 minutes ago, Willl said:

The contact link (rapidorailex.co.uk) doesn't seem to work - not sure if this is meant to be an email address?

All fixed - should read rapidorailex@rapidotrains.co.uk 

Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by rapidoandy
  • Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 13:50, rapidoandy said:

... Customised Rapido Wagons ... our graphic artists will draw up the artwork for you to approve on the day. ...

Presumably there'll be a limit to how much can be incorporated - no fancy logos or different coloured corner plates .... red, black or grey bodies only with white or white shaded black lettering ??!?

• Rapido staff
15 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Presumably there'll be a limit to how much can be incorporated - no fancy logos or different coloured corner plates .... red, black or grey bodies only with white or white shaded black lettering ??!?

More info to follow but the 'blanks' are all black painted bodies. We'll be prepping some templates based on our previous PO wagon artworks.

Shaded lettering TBC pending testing. 
Intention is to have a choice between 5 and 7-plank versions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 19/02/2024 at 13:19, RapidoCorbs said:

More info to follow but the 'blanks' are all black painted bodies. We'll be prepping some templates based on our previous PO wagon artworks.

Hi, Would it be possible to make the template you referred to, available on-line so that we have some idea of what can be reasonably asked for on the day?  I was going to bring these along to show your designer what we would like on ours; but would rather have the time to rethink them in advance if the template cannot cater for some aspect of these designs.  Just one alternative to black would be a nice surprise if it was available on the day.

Thanks, Pete.

Custom Wagons.jpg

Edited by Pete Haitch
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Rapido staff

Afternoon everyone.

Time for a bit of an update.

Cash and card will be accepted for both tickets and custom wagons (more on that below)

RailEx is your chance to come and meet the Rapido Trains UK team in person and discuss projects past, present, and future. You can look forward to seeing some exciting new samples and finding out more about four sets of awesome new announcements that we will be making in the run up to the show. We will even have some early prototypes for you to see, but you’ll just have to join us at the show if you want to know what’s coming!

2024-9-solus-image-1.png.f5bb4d2c79af52928cc00d873188b321.png

What can I see at the show?

We have also invited some of the most eye-catching and detailed layouts on the show circuit.

The following layouts are booked to attend:

• Wendover (OO)
  • Hobbs Hill (OO)
  • Melton Mowbray North (N)
  • Tellindalloch (OO)
  • Wheal Elizabeth (P4)
  • Old Parrock (OO)
  • Ewe (OO)
  • Corrish (009)
  • The Yard (O)
  • Paystow (O)
  • Janes’ Creek (EM)
  • Much Murkle (OO)
  • Newton Grove (O)
  • RJ Colliery (OO)
  • Ridge Lane (009)
  • Lockdown Sidings (OO)
  • York Road (2mm)
  • Harefield (OO)

In addition to this, we’ll have several trade stands for you to invest in your model railway including the chance to get 3D-scanned by Modelu for your own personalised 3D-printed figures, grab some rolling stock from some of our Official Retailers, beautify your layout with products from some of our partners and much more. In no particular order, here are the traders you can look forward to:

• World of Railways / British Railway Modelling (demonstrations)
  • Kernow Model Rail Centre (sales)
  • Scalefour Society (demonstrations)
  • Tony’s Trains of Rugby (sales)
  • The Wagon Yard (sales)
  • ModelU (3D scanning and sales)
  • ESU Electronic solutions (demonstrations)
  • Rails of Sheffield (information on exclusive projects)

Customised Rapido Wagons – An Exhibition First!

Have you had an idea for a cool wagon and thought you would never see a model of it? Maybe there is a private-owner wagon that’s local that you’ve always wanted, but it's never been made! Or is it that you’ve simply that you’ve always wanted to see your name on the side of a wagon? Well, if any of the above reasons (and more) sound familiar we have you covered!

Our first batch of PO wagons was really popular and at RailEx you will have the chance to design your own. Our Customised Rapido Wagons will debut at RailEx, so make sure you get in line and have your idea ready!

Simply fill in the form at our stand when you place your order and our graphic artists will draw up the artwork for you to approve on the day. Then your PO wagon will be produced with your chosen lettering and posted directly to you.

2024-9-solus-image-2.png.da82698b290f4131a7d2d2457400bca6.png

Wagons will cost £50 each an includes the artwork design, base wagon (RRP £32.95) and postage.

All our PO wagon designs will be made using templates created from our painstaking research into real-life signwriting to create the most authentic look.

When and Where?

WHEN: Friday 27th and Saturday 28th September 2024, 10 am – 4:30 pm

WHERE: The Market Hall, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8LW

Railex2024Map-1.png.a74b7616c8e116062796f124d2efa863.png

The venue is a 5-minute walk from Maidstone West Railway Station and only 15-minuites from the town centre on foot.

Ample parking is available next to the market hall (pay at the machine or via the RingGo app).

The Market Hall is a wheelchair-friendly venue.

There will be onsite catering, but Maidstone town centre is only a short walk away should you desire something different.

Tickets

Tickets for Rapido RailEx are just £5 per adult and Kids are FREE when accompanied by a paying adult.

Each ticket covers one day of attendance at the show, and you are free to come and go during the day.

ADVANCE TICKETS: If you book your ticket now (via the website links below), then you are automatically entered into a prize draw to win Rapido Trains UK goodies! Everyone likes free models right? You’ll find out if you’re the holder of the winning ticket when you arrive at the show.

I think that’s about it - shout if you have any questions!

Edited by rapidoandy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

For those - no doubt few - of us who choose to use the railways as well as model them, Maidstone EAST is on the east (!) side of the Medway a little further north.

...... and as far as I can see walking via Week Street and High Street it's about a mile walk from Maidstone East Station to the venue.

• RMweb Premium

If you wanted to make a complete rail trip of it you could walk from Maidstone East, over the Medway, to Maidstone Barracks then to Maidstone West, an interesting but roundabout route, quicker to walk from any of the stations! trust Neil you will have your EM hat on and do some operating.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Yes, Andrew, the East to Barracks to West option would be more interesting than walking ...... but what's the chance of train times being convenient ? ( Traveline declined to offer ! )

Google map says 9 minutes walk between East and Barracks stations, National Rail quotes 10 minutes walk when making connections.  All depends what time you arrive at Maidstone East but basically a half hourly interval on Saturdays from Barracks to West - journey time 3 minutes and the Saturday pattern seems to be  XX.23 and xx.53 from Barracks to West .

• Rapido staff
49 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

Sadly it clashes with Stafford, where I have a layout.

Will you be attending GETS two weeks later?

les

Unfortunately not - with such a small team and a somewhat hefty workload we have given October a miss this year.

11 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

... a half hourly interval on Saturdays from Barracks to West - journey time 3 minutes and the Saturday pattern seems to be  XX.23 and xx.53 from Barracks to West .

Weekday ( Friday ) times are a few minutes later but neither connects well with Maidstone East arrivals from either direction ...... on Saturday there are engineering works somewhere ( How unusual ! ) and a bus from Bromley to Borough Green .................................. I'll go Friday !

Of course there's another option - but you'd probably be barmy to walk from Barming !

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Wickham Green too said:

Weekday ( Friday ) times are a few minutes later but neither connects well with Maidstone East arrivals from either direction ...... on Saturday there are engineering works somewhere ( How unusual ! ) and a bus from Bromley to Borough Green .................................. I'll go Friday !

Of course there's another option - but you'd probably be barmy to walk from Barming !

You have the advantage of me by at least living somewhere in 3rd rail land.  Living on a Thames Valley branchline the fastest journey time National Rail gives me is 6 minutes short of 3 hours, the next fastest is 12 minutes short of 3 hours.  It gets somewhat longer, and well over 3 hours, once it starts involving changing trains at places like Farringdon or AbbeyWood!  

So I think I'll have to give it a miss - Swindon is also coming up this month and that has more layouts which I haven't seen before

• Friendly/supportive 1