Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Does 'The Book of the A3s' tell you this stuff or am I dreaming?

Philth

No, it doesn't Phil. Peter Coster gives details of tender number in captions, but no life history. That comes from Yeadon or RCTS 2A.  Every photo I've found so far shows NT tender with double chimney  and deflectors, but then I haven't found many yet.

• RMweb Gold

So great to see Dave's B1, I ran his WD the other day just to keep the Tetleys Mills spirit alive on my layout, but his J50 always keeps an eye on the loco shed regardless. I always say "sorry Dave" if I do something silly when running trains, just in case he's watching!

A Copley Hill A1, always good to see.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I believe our host will be in good spirits after another IMPressive performance today.

In good spirits? I'm absolutely astounded! First non league club in over a century to reach the sixth round. We beat a club with one of the best home records in the Premiership, who Chelsea only drew with last week. Burnley played a strong team too. This is a very special day for me, I can tell you.

Just as important are the financial implications. I calculate we have made getting on for a million pounds in prize and TV money alone, before taking into account gate receipts and sponsorship. It just transforms the future of my club. Wonderful, miracles do happen.

• Like 3

I believe our host will be in good spirits after another IMPressive performance today.

Is it true he's now known as 'The Lincoln Lawyer'?

Hat, coat etc.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C. (who was/is a Forest supporter, no comments needed thank you!).

• RMweb Premium

A dream draw for the Imps away to Manchester United and all that money or IF Sutton upset the Gooners a home tie against Sutton. To be honest though promotion has to remain the main achievement..

I think we Lincolnshire lads are entitled to a bit more OT dreaming Derek. Actually, the only really disappointing draw would be Millwall, I reckon. but either Manchester club, Spurs Chelsea or Arsenal away would be the icing on the cake. Come to think of it though, I reckon we've already had that, and the cherry on top!  I agree though that geting our league status back is the top priority. All this cash flowing in isn't going to do any harm though.

• RMweb Premium

North Ferriby away on Tuesday evening. That should be an 'interesting' encounter after yesterday. If I were a young whippersnapper I might have gone to see that, however at my stage of career I'd freeze me knadgers off so I won't.

This year's footy 'good news story' Gilbert and yes, Milwall away would be the worst draw. 

Philth

• RMweb Gold

I fully expected to wake up this morning and find that it was all a dream, but it wasn't, and the daft grin is still present. Enough of that now though,and back on topic, where we have another picture of Pommern, now at the North end.

attachicon.gif133 4.JPG

Then I raised the camera, and pointed it at the District Engineer's area from the other side.

attachicon.gifDE.JPG

Chores to do, then I shall play with my train set.

I never take a fence but that one is very nice.

• RMweb Premium

North Ferriby away on Tuesday evening. That should be an 'interesting' encounter after yesterday. If I were a young whippersnapper I might have gone to see that, however at my stage of career I'd freeze me knadgers off so I won't.

This year's footy 'good news story' Gilbert and yes, Milwall away would be the worst draw. 

Philth

Premier league ground to North Ferriby on a February evening is indeed a considerable transition, and one the players will do well to adjust to. It is an all ticket game, and we have sold out our allocation of 1250 tickets, so I suspect may have a majority of supporters, if you don't count the sheep. Do they have sheep in North Ferriby?

• RMweb Premium

I'm still struggling with this. The draw for the Quarter finals of the FA Cup! Lincoln City!  Looks like Arsenal away as well. Never did like that Wenger bloke. We shall celebrate with another picture. You've seen 60133, and you've seen the District Engineer's yard, fence and all, but now......both together, though not the fence.

post-98-0-27772500-1487536172_thumb.jpg

and completely unadulterated. Hardly even cropped.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

For some reason there were several Grantham - Peterborough locals from late afternoon onwards, and here is the next one, headed by what will always be Dave Shakespeare's B1.

attachicon.gif1023 1.JPG

I suspect that this train had been running in something like the same path for getting on for a century, but all that will soon end, as all the intermediate stations will be closed within a year. And there is so little trace of most of them that they might never have existed.

But the Stationmasters house still exists at both Little Bytham and at Corby Glen where I think the station building is still in place as well. There are still some signs of the station at Essendine. The goods shed is still there at Helpston (a friend is a director of the company that occupies that and Essendine yard).

OK, the signal box at Lolham Crossing has just disappeared without trace as have several others.

• RMweb Premium

Your evening picture today features the Up Heart of Midlothian, which has changed engine at Grantham. In so doing it caused some consternation, as when the A3 for Grantham duty 1 was sought, it was nowhere to be found. In the end someone admitted it had been sent away for a repaint. What to do? Fortunately the shedmaster spotted a loco that had arrived on crew training duty, not hard to do, as it is a big ******, and substituted it to get it back to its home shed.

attachicon.gif201 2.JPG

The lengths I go to to satisfy requests. :angel:

Unfortunately, but not unusually, the big smelly box thing was declared a failure at P.N. having travelled all that way from Grunthumb and Control had to find a substitute at very short notice. Gilbert that choice is yours and there couldn't be a better excuse to use something really exciting (9F?) 

Ava Riddles.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

But the Stationmasters house still exists at both Little Bytham and at Corby Glen where I think the station building is still in place as well. There are still some signs of the station at Essendine. The goods shed is still there at Helpston (a friend is a director of the company that occupies that and Essendine yard).

OK, the signal box at Lolham Crossing has just disappeared without trace as have several others.

I was thinking more of the view from the train. The first time I went to London for years I found it hard to impossible to identify station sites, even though I knew where they were. There's a bit of a loading bay to be seen at Corby Glen, and the station building at Little Bytham is there, but rather set back from the line. That lovely goods shed has gone though.

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately, but not unusually, the big smelly box thing was declared a failure at P.N. having travelled all that way from Grunthumb and Control had to find a substitute at very short notice. Gilbert that choice is yours and there couldn't be a better excuse to use something really exciting (9F?) 

Ava Riddles.

Now now Phil, we must conquer our prejudices, as that nice Mr Trump does so well. :no:  The brave EE type four soldiered on, and was last seen well on its way to the capital.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Meetings, more meetings and ever more difficult stretches ordered by my biomechanics tutor, hence no morning photos. I can remedy that now, though probably not to our duck's liking.

post-98-0-85404500-1487610783_thumb.jpg

Our photographers hurried to capture this harbinger of the future, which could nearly keep to the booked times of a Pacific, if the load wasn't too heavy.

post-98-0-08515600-1487610942_thumb.jpg

• Like 16