Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Next happenings were almost simultaneous arrivals. The B1 is about to terminate with a Grimsby local, while 60111 is stopping with the 6.35 KX- Hull.

post-98-0-56696400-1473716807_thumb.jpg

This B1 is getting on a bit, and is beginning to waddle and get very noisy, so I fear the end may be nigh. It isn't the only one either. :sad_mini:

post-98-0-46831200-1473717009_thumb.jpg

Enterprise is in fine form though, and well worth a closer look.

• Like 18

Breaking news. I have stiffened my resolve, and none of your innuendo things please young duck. This will not be contemplated until I have exhausted the list of relevant and necessary stuff wot I haven't got yet.

Very wise. Should haves first and then nice (naughty) extras. You know it makes sense. Do you have a DEJ4?

• RMweb Premium

I have a very experimental picture to show you this morning. The new Spital bridge is wide enough for me to be able to sit the camera on the roadway, rather than balance it on the parapet, so I tried it out.

attachicon.giffrom SB.JPG

Prototype pictures show that the parapet was sufficiently high to intrude into the shot, and I found the same applied, so I didn't crop it out.

Hi Gilbert

With the camera on the bridge is there still enough room for the bus, every model railway bridge must have a bus.

• Like 1

I have a very experimental picture to show you this morning. The new Spital bridge is wide enough for me to be able to sit the camera on the roadway, rather than balance it on the parapet, so I tried it out.

attachicon.giffrom SB.JPG

Prototype pictures show that the parapet was sufficiently high to intrude into the shot, and I found the same applied, so I didn't crop it out.

Nice shot from a worthwhile viewpoint. A little packing under the camera might well eliminate the intrusive parapet - the photographer is using his mini step-ladder?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gilbert

With the camera on the bridge is there still enough room for the bus, every model railway bridge must have a bus.

There is an ongoing bus provision situation. There will eventually be two of them, but I'm not sure where they will be placed yet. Spital Bridge isn't very wide, so there may not be one on there.

• RMweb Gold

As I've been clearing out old files and pictures, surely I should now have more disc space, rather than less?

That depends if you're deleting them to the recycle bin, or really deleting them.

If you delete them to the recycle bin, it just creates a copy of the original in a new place, and marks the original as hidden, so you double your disk usage.

If you empty the recycle bin it will delete them properly, and your usable disk space should increase.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That depends if you're deleting them to the recycle bin, or really deleting them.

If you delete them to the recycle bin, it just creates a copy of the original in a new place, and marks the original as hidden, so you double your disk usage.

If you empty the recycle bin it will delete them properly, and your usable disk space should increase.

Thanks Al, I realised that rather belatedly. I now have Windows 10, which thankfully doesn't seem too different from what I'm used to, but I do have one problem. As my e-mail was connected to a POP server, I was told today by the engineer who did the installation that a copy of every e-mail since 2012 has been saved somewhere, over 80.000 of them He's changed things to avoid it happening again, but I now have rather a lot to get rid of once and for all. Can you, or any other kind person, give me a quick and safe way of doing that? I only know how to delete them one at a time, which is both slow and very tedious.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Al, I realised that rather belatedly. I now have Windows 10, which thankfully doesn't seem too different from what I'm used to, but I do have one problem. As my e-mail was connected to a POP server, I was told today by the engineer who did the installation that a copy of every e-mail since 2012 has been saved somewhere, over 80.000 of them He's changed things to avoid it happening again, but I now have rather a lot to get rid of once and for all. Can you, or any other kind person, give me a quick and safe way of doing that? I only know how to delete them one at a time, which is both slow and very tedious.

PM sent.

Al.

• RMweb Premium

Bloody computers are getting too damn clever and are trying to scare us into thinking they are supreme. Well bo##ocks to them all I say and bring back clockwork.

There we go, that's my educated contribution for today.

Ducksoup

PS anyone want a 4mm B1? Retford's finest 61212 (edited as I have dilsexic fingers). 

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Bloody computers are getting too damn clever and are trying to scare us into thinking they are supreme. Well bo##ocks to them all I say and bring back clockwork.

There we go, that's my educated contribution for today.

Ducksoup

PS anyone want a 4mm B1? Retford's finest 61312. 

Yes please, but isn't it 61213?

Captain Drake - please do not go about here offering items of use to us East Coasters - Gilbert and I were only discussing today how needs must ( SWMBO wants to put things in the 'loft') and I am going to have to reduce my collection substantially to accommodate her desires.

So if anyone's looking for a crackingly well finished 7 coach rake of Ian Kirk Gresleys let me know before they head for Ebay

post-10395-0-79376500-1473874343_thumb.jpg

• Like 2