Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, great northern said:

Does this half building ever irritate you ?  I could get Peter to do the other half, but then I have to fit in two more tracks to run into it. I can do that, but then have to connect them to the rest of the layout.

I have never even noticed that shed model is a half building until you pointed it out! I suggest leaving it alone.

• Like 2
  • Agree 12

8 hours ago, great northern said:

Does this half building ever irritate you ?  I could get Peter to do the other half, but then I have to fit in two more tracks to run into it. I can do that, but then have to connect them to the rest of the layout.

IMG_7665.JPG.c1a26608db8e27aefc3e66c16ea42ec2.JPG

That would I think have to be done by turning this point into a three way.

IMG_7666.JPG.94b45564f5c238dc38d1e65e77ca31d8.JPG

However, that would in reality be a nonsense, as the only destinations are other dead end sidings. They would not be used anyway, so operationally that doesn't matter, but is it quite a lot of work and disruption out of proportion to what is visually achieved? After all, there is another lower relief building not far to the left, and I can't do anything about that one.

Probably best to leave it alone Gilbert, as we discussed on Monday, it would be a lot of work  for not much gain.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, great northern said:

Does this half building ever irritate you ? 

No; even in the flesh Gilbert. I'd keep it as is, would it give any operational benefit?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No changing it cos if you does then this fat bloke won't fit in the operating well. 😠

The thought crossed my mind from my perspective too!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, great northern said:

IMG_7665.JPG.c1a26608db8e27aefc3e66c16ea42ec2.JPG

It has to stop somewhere,otherwise before you know it you've modelled half of Peterborough and you've demolished all the internal walls in your home.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No changing it cos if you does then this fat bloke won't fit in the operating well. 😠

It would still be 2ft 6 Clive. The front door is 3ft, and you get through that with a bit to spare, so you'd be alright. I won't suggest going on a diet.🙄

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

the A5 ran round its stock,

Truly great weathering on the bunker and tank side of the A5, and I should say really good use of the light in this image. Mr Robinson's locomotives look so impressive with a very strong family identity.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 3
  • Agree 1